OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Lost all category colors...switching back!

Renew colors in new outlook

39 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have just released an option to switch to more saturated calendar colors in the new Outlook on the web.

If you would like to try out this experience, please click on the gear icon in the top right of your calendar module to access your settings, and toggle “Bold event colors”.

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sofia.Batinic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried switching to 'bold event colors' as advised, and at first it looked great (after I changed all the colors back to the way I had them - that did not transfer through and they were all black). A few minutes later the colors started switching back to black/grey, and when I tried to change them a second time, it wouldn't save. Glitchy...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My entire calendar is organized by colors - they are now gone! This is not helpful, as I organize based on where I need to be

• Gavin Townsend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When viewing someone else's shared calendar on the "new" Outlook we cannot see the category colors. If we change back to the "old" Outlook we can view the category colors. Any help is appreciated.

• PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

figure out how to import settings , LIKE COLOUR Categories for appointments, before inviting people to TRY THE NEW OUTLOOK!

The new outlook stinks!

• Laurent G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new Outlook the categories colors in the shared emails are lost, which make the new interface unusable !!

• SB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your changes are going to waste a lot of my time redoing the categories. i might look for alternatives to my email since this is the third time this has happened. Maybe Google Mail.

• Xavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In new Outlook, a shared calendar does not show the color of the category. In all
    visualizations, month, week, day, only the color assigned by calendar appears.

• Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Category colors were working fine, but something happened earlier this week, either Monday or Tuesday, that caused my category colors to change. They show as all one color. Please rectify.

• Tim W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not remove the color categories and make the calendar look like pepto-bismol.

Feedback and Knowledge Base