OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Search is difficult to use - like old verison where you can search for a person, select them, and then search for a key word

Search is difficult to use. I prefer the old verison where you can search for a person, select them, and then search for a key word

120 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Henna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search should turn up e-mails/notes/calendar events based on keyword and an e-mail address. The prediction in search box works ok.

• Sonja Chong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Substandard. The search by date does not even work. Not one word showed up. Please give us a better product.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to search for a person and add that person into the calendar view. I cannot determine how to do this in this new release. That is very important in our org where we have a large number of people so lists of people is not that effective.

You cannot search key word, names, or partial email address. The only thing that produces any results is the complete email address. This makes the search function useless.

• Richard Blumenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I don't mind the new filter - but how can they remove "sent by" or 'sent to" - they stripped a lot of functionality from the search

• Sher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search tool takes an enormous amount of time to process and then yields no results.

Do not restrict search criteria. User should be able to search by any valid string argument.

For me search is an important tool that I cannot find, therefore i prefer the old version.

Try searching for old emails using key words and the search results always comes up with an error. Using the old Outlook there is no problem searching using key words.

I don't like office 365, only because it can not accurately search base on different people and key words. As gmail, they have a search panel, we can input people and key words, and time frame. but with 365, lots of mails I can not search out. maybe I do not how to use it, but there is no any instruction for the search.

Feedback and Knowledge Base