OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Copy and paste multiple email addressed

In the current version you copy and paste email addresses. it would be helpful to be able to do that in this update.

166 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ershad Nikzad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to keep my regular group recipients in a word document and just paste them. Could be me.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to copy from Excel and paste in Word (as text). Then I copy the list in Word and paste in Outlook. Adds an extra step.

• Sherri Savage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge inconvenience when sending out large team or committee emails when you can't grab the emails from a spreadsheet and past them into Outlook email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If my email list has a space in it when I copy/paste it will not paste the emails. The old version will

Trying to copy and paste an email from salesforce into the invitees section of a calendar event crashes the page.

Yes. That's frustrating. The system keeps toggling me to the new Outlook, but I keep changing it back because of the difficulty with copy/paste for distribution list.

• einarlogi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't copy multiple e-mail recipients in order to paste them into a new e-mail.
    Instead I have to replay to all or make a group. Way too many steps and too inaccessible.

• aroughani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also include the ability to drag/drop email addresses between the to/cc/bcc fields

I am also encountering the same issue on Chrome 70.
    In the old version it was possible to copy multiple email adresses by opening an email in a new window.

This is not possible anymore.
    This is very problematic since it's also not possible to copy/save a sent email as a draft in the beta and in the old version.

• Soni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the update but I had to go back to the old version so I could copy emails into a new email. I don't have all of my emails in contacts so it is important to have this feature as I try to do my job.

You cant even paste a list of emails into the bar. I will easily stop using outlook if this lasts in the new update. For any large group that uses Outlook, this is a huge inconvenience.

• Anita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, even as I tried pasting email addresses from Excel and csv files (tried using commas and no commas between addresses as I pasted in the list), the pasted addresses end up as one long single address! 1) New Outlook web version doesn't separate the addresses, and 2) insists on trying to find a match between the pasted mess and my address book, giving an error message of "Match Not Found". Terrible. I don't want Outlook to find a match, i.e. old version accepts any email addresses correctly formatted, pasted in as a list, and without commas.

• JIGNESH PATEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I new version it is not possible to cut paste names in send list. Even copying names is bit time consuming as compared to previous version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base