OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

search in folders

Why can't you search a folder for specific people anymore. You can search by size and date but not people.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you search I am unable to filter through different folders. Also when I DO click on an email pulled up in search, it doesn't at least tell me which folder it is in. In the older layout, it tells you which folder the email is in. Or at least I am unable to find it. Please help!

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the search field automatically forces a global search of all folders, and there doesn't appear to be anyway to limit a search within a specific folder. Clicking on a folder and running a search in the normal OWA limits the search to that folder. In the new OWA, a user who clicks a folder (i.e. Sent Items or a custom folder) and then runs a search is forced into a global search, which is generally useless if you have a lot of folders with filters set up. Hopefully you'll fix this asap as I can't use new OWA without that search feature working correctly!

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the search field automatically forces a global search of all folders, and there doesn't appear to be anyway to limit a search within a specific folder. Clicking on a folder and running a search in the normal OWA limits the search to that folder. In the new OWA, a user who clicks a folder (i.e. Sent Items or a custom folder) and then runs a search is forced into a global search, which is generally useless if you have a lot of folders with filters set up. Hopefully you'll fix this asap as I can't use new OWA without that search feature working correctly!

Feedback and Knowledge Base