OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Flags vs unflag: more options please!

When flagging an email there used to be several options (e.g. complete), but now you con only turn the flag on or off. Why would you take away useful functionality?

423 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Susan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Twanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add time frames( hours, days weeks or custom) to flags. It doesn't do me any good to flag an item to follow up but can't.

• Ashley Hewitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to flag my emails and be able to set a reminder alarm on it but that options seems to be gone. Please bring it back!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the mark complete tick back. flag or no flag is not helpful to me - flag and mark as complete tick is very useful!!

new flags that have just a thin outline are hard to see ... old solid ones are better

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Flagged/Unflagged only is useless. We must be able to mark emails as completed and easily see which are complete.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you change the behaviour of the flag? I need the reminder/complete feature back.

Need to be able to flag and then Tick as complete on the email like we could do before

• Tracy Stouck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a problem for me too. I share an email box with a coworker, and it's important that we are able to see which messages have been completed. I understand that flagged emails can be completed from the Tasks window, but this is inconvenient and inefficient. I want to be able to check off emails as "complete" as I am reading them and working on them from my Inbox.

• Shalonda Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if you've figured this out yet. Flag the email, then in your task list click complete. Yes it's bothersome that it can't be done in the email itself like it used to, but it works.

• Shalonda Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if you've figured this out yet. Flag the email, then in your task list click complete. Yes it's bothersome that it can't be done in the email itself like it used to, but it works.

This is an immediate deal breaker for me. It's critical for managing my action items.

• Courtni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree. I tried making this new version work but I am switching back the previous version for this reason only. I need to be able to quickly see which emails are completed.

Agreed! I flag what I still need to do and then mark as complete when done. I've had to revert to previous version after battling with this for a few days. I can't work my emails efficiently without this feature. The icons just aren't clear enough either.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base