OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Flags vs unflag: more options please!

When flagging an email there used to be several options (e.g. complete), but now you con only turn the flag on or off. Why would you take away useful functionality?

837 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Susan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better - but what about custom flags, ie ability to set a specific date a task is due? When you get 100-200 emails today, many of which require followup by a specific date, being able to flag for followup on a specific date is critical.
    The updated flags not good enough. I will not be using the online version of outlook specifically for this reason.

• David Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rather than just working on it, why don't you just re-institute functionality that was there in previous version. If I was to give indicative timelines on delivery and never actually deliver, I wouldn't have a job. Hopeless!!!!

• Jasper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also add the option to sort the items in the inbox by due date like outlook for windows has.

Except that many degrees of paler and paler red are pretty useless to distinguish between marked emails. BRING BACK FLAGS WITH DIFFERENT COLOURS. You are so disability and user unfriendly considering that this is meant to be the 21st century.

• Calvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's right! It is common to have a "Mark Complete" feature which this version don't have.

• J.L. Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that flags that were checkmarked previously do now show the checkmark in the new Outlook, but there seems to still be no way to mark a flag completed in the new options. Showing it is great, but we need to be able to mark it, too! ;)

• Helen Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the loss of this facility is extremely annoying. I also use the tick facility a lot to show that I have actioned the email and there is no further action required. Plus the flag is not that visible because the colour is not fully filled in.

If you are going to have Flags then there should be different symbals to work with --- I would rather see being able to color code emails so that I have already assigned what the color represents and enables me to give instructions or reminders to myself and my assistant.

• Paulushaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And pls. I really need to have the option I have on Outlook desktop App. to be able to chose WHEN I want the reminder (date) and the text option. It doesn't help at all, when I want to flag something for the next month and I get it just the next day or week. And I need also the text. I use it very very often in the desktop app.

I agree! I use the check mark extensively and dislike not having that functionality any longer!

• mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improvement on an application usually means to continue with the features that make it successful. I would have thought the flag feature would be included to easily transfer to the new version

NEED to have my completed flag back! I relied on reviewing those checkmarks as a quick status on completing items. Bring it back PLEASE!

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - please reinstate the completed tick and make the icons clearer.

• Sue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really miss the completed function - please put it back or I will go back to old version

• MW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to mark something as done helps me to feel confident that that items I'm viewing are done, and not just missed. Without the check mark, I don't know if I simply missed flagging something in the first place.

I can't find a place to check "complete, done, or finished" on new outlook so I cant use it with our current system. PLEASE ADVISE.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along with "Flag" and "Unflag" - I need a "Complete" or "Done" check mark to put by emails

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base