OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Calendar event reminder by email

Please include an option to add a calendar event reminder by email. This was available in the old system and was very useful.

713 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Susie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need a way to see all reminders in one place - not just the current one that pops up.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the old outlook in my inbox my calendar would remind me if i had anything to do.

Pls also include non-dismissed calendar reminders.
    And show this on both the calendar or email UI.

We must be able to send email reminders for calendar events. This function is not in the new version.

• Andrew Vine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the 'View event details' link in the calendar email reminder so you can view information on the meeting e.g. agenda.

• Jason.Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to set email reminders for calendar events disappeared with recent update. I need this feature back!!

• jatkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the default reminder for calendar events to be changed to "No reminder." There is currently no option for this.

• Austin M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It was very useful getting a reminder in my email about important going-ons.

• Dodds, Taylah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest update of Outlook has removed the option to have an email reminder sent at a specific time from a calendar event, which was really useful for some reminders.

Calendar no longer supports multiple reminders (or it's not clear how to do this).

• Emma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to the chorus of "Please keep the email reminder function!!" Adding email reminders to the desktop app would incredibly useful for me - not having to swap between app and web to get that done would rock.

• dcd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add Calendar Email Reminders back in! I dislike that this has been removed...or it is very difficult to find.

• gene bachman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Going back to the old interface until this is implemented. No idea why it would not be included in the first place.

The email reminder option is not there. Only the alarm reminder and that is no sufficient for my needs

• Joao Paulo Franqueto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new interface it's missing the email calendar event reminder from email.
    There is only the pop-up alarm.

Please fixit...
    thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base