OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Calendar color choices too limited.

Need more than 7 color choices. We schedule a service desk and need separate colors for each persons calendar. These are calendars, not events so we need the choice in the drop down for the calendar, not in categories.

304 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the distinct colors for invoices several different businesses and the new colors fade into each other. Too hard for me to distinguish.

• Carol Stringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pastel options would also be nice, to me, they are less distracting and look cleaner than the bold saturated colors

• Elizabeth Pyatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the transparency effect, but I think a few more warm tones like orange and yellow would be helpful. I also think dark versions versus pastels would be helpful.

Need more color choices on calendar. I liked the option for darker colors, can't find it on the new version. Also, it would be helpful if the colors faded after the time has passed. It's visually helpful to see right where the day is on the calendar.

• DH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with many below - there are not enough color choices. Also, I print out a conference room calendar by the week, I am not able to do so with the new version. I like being able to click on the "Calendar Tab" of my choice and print that calendar - even with other calendars open in the view in the old version.

agreed - more colour options needed - I use about 12 calendars for full function - too cluttered with only 9 options.

• Mallory Glover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, I don't need the visual clutter of the time lines in the calendar events themselves. The old version with just the straight color block was much better.

• Mallory Glover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I overall prefer the new calendar look, but I cannot use it because they only have the original color palette which I find extremely unappealing. I am not a huge fan of the old calendar UI, but it AT LEAST had the "light" color options to use, so I'm stuck using that until we have more options.

Additionally, I'm a trainer and I have numerous calendars that need to be up and I cannot find any visual calm with the nine colors selected. I understand that having 1-2 palettes is easier for a majority of users, but also PLEASE just allow us to input a hex color for specific calendars. I have so many things that need to be left up and I just want to be able to colorize it the way that I need to to make my work easier.

Yes, colors and over all UI of calendar is too stark. Bring more vibrant colors to calendar entries. The nearly transparent "I might attend" entries are easily overlooked and need more color depth.
        Also, the idea that "I might attend" sounds presumptive. I don't want my "Tentative" to be translated as "I might attend".

Going back to the "old" interface. Much easier to assess entries as the visual queues are stronger

Need more color options & light medium dark options for calendars & categories. Not happy the colors I have for my work calendar have been changed.

Ditto! I have a team of 8 sharing the calendar and the colors are too limited and dark.

• Shana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more color options to begin with.. more than the old version (I think there were 9 colors... now there are 7). Should be able to have dark, light, and middle shades of every color.

The new outlook does not give you the same features to color code your events on y our calendar which our office uses to categorize events

The colors are far too light for calendar events on the new outlook. Can't distinguish my very important events from my own personal events! They need to be darker and not transparent!

Feedback and Knowledge Base