OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Calendar color choices too limited.

Need more than 7 color choices. We schedule a service desk and need separate colors for each persons calendar. These are calendars, not events so we need the choice in the drop down for the calendar, not in categories.

603 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Norma Zammit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I THINK THAT ONE SHOULD KEEP THE COLOUR OF THE TAB IN THE CALENDAR. I NOTICED THAT WHEN I DO NOT ADD TIME THE EVENT HAS ONLY A COLOURED FONT WHEREAS WHEN I INCLUDE TIME THE EVENT IS HIGHLIGHTED WITH THE SELECTED COLOUR.
    IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE EVENT IS HIGHLIGHTED EVEN IF I DO NOT STATE TIME - BEING A FULL DAY EVENT? IT MAKES IT MORE CLEAR TO DETECT SIMILAR EVENTS WHEN COLOUR CODED

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let me get this straight - Microsoft added the option to switch between 9 BOLD or 9 LIGHT colors, but did not provide the ability to use both, for a total of 18 colors? Why? This would have solved so many problems, but no - they had to add this arbitrary "Either, Or" limitation. I have more than 9 calendars, I need more than 9 colors. The category colors do not solve anything - I need customized colors for each CALENDAR, not each EVENT.

• Allin Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More colours please. I like pastels and light shades that don't glare at me but others seem to like bold and bright. Preferably a customisable pallatte but, at the least, a 32-colour pallatte.

Yes more colors to choose from would be nice. Or PLEASE add a hexidemical option such as the LMS Canvas has in their Dashboard.

• Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think what most people meant by more colors is—more colors. As in control over hue, saturation, and brightness, not just an either/or choice between "bright colors" , "light colors" or “Bold event colors”. Or at the very least, a pallet of 32 colors.

Outlook on the web is NOT user friendly. As much as I need to utilize email for work, I much prefer Microsoft Outlook desk top app. Please restore this for our use!

• Daphne Greaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree colors are too light, really difficult to tell where pinned list ends and inbox items start.

I don't like the light pastel colors, why do you people mess with something that works?

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone else. The colours are too light and too close together in shades. Liked my bright punchy colours to distinguish categories/locations.
    Also some are highlighted in the pale colour, and others of the same category not. Eh?

Please bring back bright, bold colors that fully highlight the calendar! This change is so hard for me to manage. Colors are too light. I keep going back to the old calendar interface.

Thank you!

• Ana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reintroduce the color wheel and let your customers select the colors we want. Colors are too close to each other, too muted tones as well. There is no option to make them bright unless using the old version of Outlook.

I agree, we need more than 7 color. They're too close in color. Also some more theme pictures with beautiful sceneries and with animals in them. Thank you!

please just provide the color wheel and let us choose our own colors, don't limit us to any specific a palette!!

Please reintroduce the color wheel and let your customers select the colors we want. Not only is current selection to limited it's also too muted. Remember, WE are the ones using the app -- selections should meet OUR needs not the personal aesthetics of your designers.

I use the distinct colors for invoices several different businesses and the new colors fade into each other. Too hard for me to distinguish.

• Carol Stringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pastel options would also be nice, to me, they are less distracting and look cleaner than the bold saturated colors

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base