OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Calendar color choices too limited.

Need more than 7 color choices. We schedule a service desk and need separate colors for each persons calendar. These are calendars, not events so we need the choice in the drop down for the calendar, not in categories.

538 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the light pastel colors, why do you people mess with something that works?

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone else. The colours are too light and too close together in shades. Liked my bright punchy colours to distinguish categories/locations.
    Also some are highlighted in the pale colour, and others of the same category not. Eh?

Please bring back bright, bold colors that fully highlight the calendar! This change is so hard for me to manage. Colors are too light. I keep going back to the old calendar interface.

Thank you!

• Ana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reintroduce the color wheel and let your customers select the colors we want. Colors are too close to each other, too muted tones as well. There is no option to make them bright unless using the old version of Outlook.

I agree, we need more than 7 color. They're too close in color. Also some more theme pictures with beautiful sceneries and with animals in them. Thank you!

please just provide the color wheel and let us choose our own colors, don't limit us to any specific a palette!!

Please reintroduce the color wheel and let your customers select the colors we want. Not only is current selection to limited it's also too muted. Remember, WE are the ones using the app -- selections should meet OUR needs not the personal aesthetics of your designers.

I use the distinct colors for invoices several different businesses and the new colors fade into each other. Too hard for me to distinguish.

• Carol Stringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pastel options would also be nice, to me, they are less distracting and look cleaner than the bold saturated colors

• Elizabeth Pyatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the transparency effect, but I think a few more warm tones like orange and yellow would be helpful. I also think dark versions versus pastels would be helpful.

Need more color choices on calendar. I liked the option for darker colors, can't find it on the new version. Also, it would be helpful if the colors faded after the time has passed. It's visually helpful to see right where the day is on the calendar.

• DH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with many below - there are not enough color choices. Also, I print out a conference room calendar by the week, I am not able to do so with the new version. I like being able to click on the "Calendar Tab" of my choice and print that calendar - even with other calendars open in the view in the old version.

agreed - more colour options needed - I use about 12 calendars for full function - too cluttered with only 9 options.

• Mallory Glover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, I don't need the visual clutter of the time lines in the calendar events themselves. The old version with just the straight color block was much better.

• Mallory Glover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I overall prefer the new calendar look, but I cannot use it because they only have the original color palette which I find extremely unappealing. I am not a huge fan of the old calendar UI, but it AT LEAST had the "light" color options to use, so I'm stuck using that until we have more options.

Additionally, I'm a trainer and I have numerous calendars that need to be up and I cannot find any visual calm with the nine colors selected. I understand that having 1-2 palettes is easier for a majority of users, but also PLEASE just allow us to input a hex color for specific calendars. I have so many things that need to be left up and I just want to be able to colorize it the way that I need to to make my work easier.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base