7,166 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminPhilip Loh (Outlook Web Advocate, Outlook.com) responded  · 

The new integrated Skype for Business experience is now available on the new Outlook on the Web for all customers worldwide.

If you have a Skype for Business account (and have not yet been migrated to Teams), you should see a Skype logo in the right half of the top header upon signing in.

If you have already been fully migrated to Teams, then instead of a Skype logo, you should see a button (it looks like chat bubbles) that opens Microsoft Teams in a new browser tab.

You may need to clear your browser cache and/or refresh your Outlook Web session to see the newly rolled out changes.

1832 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Chrome and instead of Skype opening how it normally did inside the browser, it opens as an application on my Mac. Skype is located in "People" and if you click "Start chat" it will open the application. That's very inconvenient and too complicated.

• Anoniem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not as well organised with groups as it was before.... we use A LOT of groups and I found it a bit unorganised as you suddenly loose the icon badges of the groups which, when you use a lot of groups, you often identify a group with very fast (you get used to them)

Also, what's up with the organisation of e-mails? I find it very messy! And... no Skype? Where is the Skype plugin/chat?

• Ramjee Panayur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype is defenitely needed on the web to communicate. Google Apps does it well with hangouts for business

• Arnab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype is very necessary in the outlook that is missing. You cannot sent instant message to anyone from the new Outlook.

• KR Rakesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not able to use skype for business chat on online web as it is available in the previous version

No plug-in for adding skype meeting info. Can't use this feature without being able to add these details.

In new version I am not able to access Skype, so have to switch back to old one.

• Isac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of showing the Pop-up box in the right top of the screen, it can make it simple as before

Feedback and Knowledge Base