Where is Skype???

5,986 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your interest in the new Outlook Web! At this point, we have begun work to offer an integrated Chat experience in the new Outlook Web.

Just like there is a new (and better) Outlook Web, you can expect a new (and better) Chat experience as well! We can’t wait to show it off to you, but we must, as we need to make sure it is of high quality before you see it. :)

You will be able to use Chat in Outlook Web again at some point in the near future, but until then, brb.

1491 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype and likes icon are missing from the upper corner. I didnt find in the settings, how i should restore it.

• Damien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure that the new Chat in Outlook Web will be compatible with Skype for Business as it is now the case with the old Outlook Web Chat. Until then I have to use the old design of Outlook Web.

• ee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey @Philip. You shouldn't remove a critical feature like chat from a core business tool until you are ready to replace it with something better. Just saying something better is coming, stay tuned is absolutely unacceptable.

• Henrique Ribeiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new chat interface will be possible chat with external contacts like on Skype4Buziness? I'm a Linux user, and there is no alternative, so I'm using from outlook for some time.

• PedroC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately without Skype this is a no go. Teams would not be an option either as we have yet to adopt.

• MParker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no Skype nor saved/most frequent email recipients in new version of outlook.

Love the new interface but without access to Skype, this is a NO GO. I'll keep using the old version until this supports skype. If you take away the old version of outlook before adding skype to the new one, it will be very disruptive. Please don't.

• Larissa Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DUDE i CANNOT FIND SKYPE AND I DESPERATELY NEED TO TALK TO MY FRIEND FOR HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT FIND SKYPE ON THE NEW OUTLOOK!! u guys should put it back in there.......... soon.

I read Phillip at Outlook's response regarding SKYPE, but I use it for work. Not a good direction, MS. We want and need more functionality, not less.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype integration, Search filter with more option, Integrated meeting calendar are required to be changed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 74 75

Feedback and Knowledge Base