OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

attachment preview

I dont like that on the landing page of my inbox, I can see the attachment files. It makes my inbox cluttered.

229 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sonia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback, and for trying Outlook on the Web.

I just wanted to let you know that there are two options to turn off those two features you mentioned.

1) Click on the Gear in the top right
2) Toggle off both the Sender Photos and Attachment previews.

This should turn off both of those features you mentioned.

Hope this helps

David Los

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely auto-opening attachments (like the preview technically does) is just asking for trouble? Seems like the sort of thing that could be used for nefarious purposes.

Society has enough trouble with people opening attachments without checking what they are, now you're doing it for us.

• k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

many users cant see pdf previews in new version of OWA + Edge browser

• Patrick Schiks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem in alle the mailboxes that are not my default mailbox. No preview and not able to download the attachment (pdf).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please show all attachments in the message. When i open a message with more than 3 attachments, it shows 2 of them very clearly and then in little teen tiny type it says "show all 3 attachments". I will totally miss the 3rd (4th/5th) attachments because i do not know to look for them. No one reads that teeny tiny type and we have nothing else telling us there are more attachments. I feel like I'm going to miss important stuff.

Attachment previews used to have an option to open it in a new window/tab. I don't see that as an option any more. I'd like to be able to view my emails or create a new email message while previewing an attachment in another window without having to download the document to my computer.

• Grace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can not open attachments on incoming mail/mail in inbox. Send me to a page that says "You don't have permission to open this mailbox"

• Guilherme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you David!
    It totally helps. I think this tips (about turning off this features) could be mentioned in that first access tour.

Guilherme

• herold bruijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the new email i can only see 6 mails below eachother because of all the attachments and the enormous space they take.

• Dagmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DITTO! TO ALL...
    Unable to preview and download attachments. It takes so much longer to load, and I am unable to view them.

Need to be able to read a message while previewing its attachments side by side the message.

Unable to preview and download attachments. It takes so much longer to load, and I am unable to view them.

• Gopi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can replicate the same coding function which was already in old email

The attachments will not open in this new format, also the side menu that shows all your boxes, inbox, etc will not calapse.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base