OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Do away with the colored circle with initials/photo in it. Extremely distracting.

984 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

203 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the attachment preview, hate the pictures and color icons.

• Tristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding an icon next to each email makes the mailbox too cluttered and too visually stimulating. Keep it simple

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The New Outlook sucks. Way too bubbly, and hard to see content immediately. This isn't Facebook - I don't need people's faces in my inbox.

my school uses outlook for email and every email just has an ugly pink C next to it

• Kevin Furey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even though I use Gmail for personal mail I didn't like the colored icons for each email I got. Just not used to that for business use.

• Matt M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The colors and big circle icons with initials make the interface too busy and don't help me find what I'm looking for. Client Outlook is great.....and boring....and I like how dense the information is. please give me that option.

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a whole, I like the new layout and design. However I'm not a big fan of the round, initial, circle icons next to each email. I don't know most of my coworkers initials, so I don't find it helpful, just a little distracting. Thanks for reading!

I found the pictures extremely useful, instead. It gives at first glance an idea of what to focus on.

• Gwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugly bubble with initials of sender, so clunky and distracting

• Ty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the colored circle or picture icon turn into the selectable circle / check box is very distracting. It feels like I've just lost the particular email I'd like to work with rather than confirming I've got the right one.

The colour logos are distracting. I would rather see the person's name to the far left than the icons that mean nothing. It now takes me longer to navigate through my inbox because I have to look at the icon first (which means nothing) and then a few cms to the right. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but when you get over 100 emails a day it adds up and is inconvenient! Please make these icons optional.

Leave the colored-circled "contact initials" someplace else, for kids to play with, and keep this program appropriate for adults. Thank you.

Having the emailer's picture as an icon on the side of the preview just takes up too much screen real esate

• Kruger, Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "new" designs Microsoft has been implementing, most notably this new Mailbox design in Office365 web access, is a huge disappointment. I choose to use MS cloud services over Google etc,. for a reason... Business. Outlook web client use to be the down-to-business tool that showed only useful, clean lines of text and quickly viewable information. The new look has cartoonish colors, lots of blank wasted space, large fonts and gaps that just make it harder to use. If I need big text / easier to read text, I'll zoom in my browser, or chances are I'll already have the resolution / zoom settings such that things are big already. The insanely bright colored circular dots to the left of each message are ridiculous, strenuous on the eyes, and serve no purpose. The way its designed, each line item in my inbox take up almost twice as much vertical space as they do in the traditional view, making it a huge screen real-estate thief.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Feedback and Knowledge Base