OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Do away with the colored circle with initials/photo in it. Extremely distracting.

1,008 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

230 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

keep peoples/contacts names. no vague initial circles. Keep full names near subject lines

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I DO NOT WANT OR NEED YOU COLORED BLOBS IN MY EMAIL. STOP IT.
    HOW ABOUT MAKING IT LOOK LIKE AN ADULT WOULD USE THIS PRODUCT.

• rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

colored circles...looks like rainbow brite and mr bubble had a baby and it puked all over my phone! Stop the insanity!

I don't want to see his face in person. I CERTAINLY don't want to have to look at him in my email!!!

I didn't find the big letter next to each email in my inbox to be very helpful at all. I think it just made it feel a bit overwhelming and cluttered

Seeing initials instead of full names is not professional at all. And for professional use there's no need of many colors. May be it will interest teenagers for funny e-mails, like seeing GIF's but not at a professional. And the bad thing, professionals need to search inside settings to find out how to deactivate those colors and GIF's. If peolple are seraching for fun, ask them to go on social media but DO NOT PUT FUNNY THINGS on professional e-mails!!!

• john stegenga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't need little icons with initials or pictures on the screen. Just show me the email header stuff please

• Aida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the attachment preview, hate the pictures and color icons.

• Tristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding an icon next to each email makes the mailbox too cluttered and too visually stimulating. Keep it simple

The New Outlook sucks. Way too bubbly, and hard to see content immediately. This isn't Facebook - I don't need people's faces in my inbox.

my school uses outlook for email and every email just has an ugly pink C next to it

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base