OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Do away with the colored circle with initials/photo in it. Extremely distracting.

722 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminOutlook.com Moderator (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback! You can turn off the sender image circle by clicking the quick settings gear icon (top right in the suite header) and clicking the toggle next to “Sender image”

134 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nobody really commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove bulky, round person identifiers. They make it seem like I've got a box full of unread mail.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the coloured dots are a distraction. I don't like them and they serve no function for me.
        Also needs a more defined line between the posts that arrived today and those important posts I have pinned to the head of the page

• Leveque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trop de couleurs attribuées aux contacts, trop d'éléments visibles pour chaque conversation, apparition des messages "Autres"

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not HAVE a "sender image" toggle!! and when I search for it it says "sorry there are no results for sender image"

• Anita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come when you turn off the sender image circle the message doesn't move to the left and use up the extra space?

GET RID OF THOSE STUPID CIRCLES WITH THE OFTEN WRONG INITIALS IN THEM! THEY ARE USELESS.

• Lahiru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New look mainly focus on the colorful circle, but it should be the subject of the email

the colored bubbles with initials is REALLY distracting when I'm trying to scroll through and check unreads. Stay minimalist, outlook.

• khuram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this 365 outlook is not good, there is no quality in it, very complicated

• Bryce s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The look of the inbox and folders is unprofessional. Everything is too rounded and bubbly. I don't like how there format is not sharp and neat.

• Samantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind the profile pictures, what bothers me is when the sender does not have an image then the colored circles that are used are super contrasting colors. They are like green and orange, which I find weird to see.

• Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The look became visually overwhelming. I like color, but a different color button on each email is too much to take in.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The other thing is, the setting is called "sender images", but most of the time they're not an image, rather they're a letter in a coloured circle.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've told us before that we can turn them off, but it doesn't remove the ridiculous waste of space to the left of the messages. That's the biggest issue.

• Andrej Pirman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, Admin, for feedback. I think more distracting is on-mouse-over IMAGE-->To-->CIRCLE change. In fact, circles themselves do add some color to whole outlook, so it might be another setting to just keep circle images, but do not change when hovering over.
        My 5 cents.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I hate the colored circles. Way too much going on.

• MICHAEL WEDDLE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cool. Now make that when i turn it off, that space isn't just empty. Move the text to the left to allow more room for the preview and subject line. That is what i actually need to see.

• chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hurts my eyes to look at. Too many things to draw my attention away from the subject lines and the senders name

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base