OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Where is the notification bell?

And also, why does it open a new tab every time I go to the calendar? That's really stupid

306 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carlos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry all, I made a mistake on the last post. Internally, we’ve changed the behavior to switch apps in the same tab. We’re slowly rolling out this change, and testing to see which version people like better. I’ve relayed your feedback to the PM leading this effort.

On the notifications pane: we’re interested in trying out a number of new notification types. Could you please fill out the following survey to let us know which kinds of notifications you want to see in the pane?

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAho-qxUQ0ZZOUhVN05QQlVVUDdIOUpXMUpZUVk5RS4u

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"we’ve since updated the app so that clicking on the calendar icon loads calendar in the same tab, rather than in a new one." - not seeing it - is it implemented yet?

• Zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of June 13, Outlook *still* opens a new tab for the calendar, despite what Colin says here.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reminder/notifications were no longer on the header on the mail page. That didn't work for me!

• Jason Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Old' Outlook has Notifications bell symbol top right which allows you to open a separate pane to view all your e-mails which people have 'liked'.

This feature should remain in 'New' Outlook as it is now easy to miss if someone has liked your e-mail as you simply get a pop-up notification which disappears after a few seconds.

• Kelly Molinaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my company, we use the "like" button often for emails rather than replying. When I occasionally switch back to the old outlook for various little details, I see multiple notifications since I am not seeing these as they come. I've been having to call coworkers to verify they received my emails.

I would like the notifications bell to be available in the new outlook.

Also, Skype. We use it a lot within our company also.

Missing reminders since the notification bell was removed. What good is it to add reminders to the calendar if you can't see them..

• Onie Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to goto another folder and back to the inbox before my NEW email shows up. Why is this?

calendar alerts and notifications are not on the main screen. please add the bell back its annoying to use the web app. otherwise seems fine.

I want the bell option for notifications.
    But I LOVE the calendar pop up option (please keep this)

Cant find the alert(bell) button on top page header? It was the key feature for tracking the meeting and schedule

• David Quelhas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new view of Outlook online I fell is missing the button (bell icon) for "Notificações" notifications tab that was in the upper right corner next to the settings tab. That when clicked would display the list of the upcoming schedule / notifications.

Not sure where the notification bell has gone to see if somebody has liked one of your emails?

We need the notification bell returned in order to see who has claimed which questions in a review. Please return it!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base