OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

The search function doesn't work

The search function is not working! this is why google is so much better than outlook. I would never use this if it wasn't imposed by my employer.

453 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

186 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J. Quist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I try to search in my in-place archive it tells me "that can't be performed right now." Switching to old version I can search it fine. Please fix.

• shekinah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this really fixed? As I tried to search in my online archive but it shows the error "Your request cant be completed right now"

• LY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my work I need to send many emails (hundreds) in one shot. It is a communication process for our guests that is necessary. It will not send when I attempt this. also, I'm not able to perform a search for specific emails. I know the process on how to do it, it just doesn't work. Not sure if this is a glitch with the new Outlook, of if our system and the new mode isn't compatible.

• SJNBham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this is working now! We're use the GCC service in case that makes a difference.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fielded search, like from: works fine, but full text search fails to find document right in front of me that have the query terms.

Seems like everytime I try to search the calendar in the "new" version of 365, it errors or times out. However, when I toggle back to the regular version I can search and find what I'm looking for without issue.

• Alessandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search doesn't work properly, returning no results sometimes (as in older version), causing a lot of misleads in did or did not send/receive an specific e-mail. Can't move grouped messages to different folders.
    All very confusing, still needs lots of work.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but search only finds contacts. If I search for keywords it consistently returns an error saying that my request can not be completed at this time.

• John Parkman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the preview, but I have to turn it off temporarily whenever I need to search for an email. I don't have a problem finding the search bar like the others have commented. It is just that it always says, "Your request can't be completed right now." I do not have any suggestions to offer, but this is the feedback form that I am offered every time I turn off the preview.

unable to find any email by search. Unable to find Po or invoices. It really is terrible

• Jeremy Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unable to search my mailbox. When using Edge, I can initiate a search; however, it will eventually provide the error "Your request can't be completed right now.". If I roll back to the old mailbox my search will complete. After I complete my search I can go back to the new version and the search will complete. It seems there is a cache, and once in the cache, your search will succeed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Feedback and Knowledge Base