OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Can't drag emails into folder pane

I can't drag emails into the left hand folder pane, like was possible with the old interface. Would be such a time saver if this works in the new interface as well. Using Edge 42.17134.1.0

55 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could move all selected mail in the inbox into another folder. I liked the location of the "new message" button.

• Mike A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can drag and drop emails from my inbox to any folder in the left pane. I can also do the same to my online archive folder. I am using Chrome as my browser.

• Kabilan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to move bulk mail from one folder to another folder. Option to move some N mails from one folder to another folder.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new interface falls short, you can't drag and drop message(s) to to other folders anymore, I'm using Internet Explorer. E.g. from Inbox to another folder. You also can't press delete to Delete a message when you're on it, you actually have to press Delete from the top menu.

• Donna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to drag and drop emails into folders. Too many steps to move it.

• Bill Archibald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You cannot drag and drop e-mails into folders from the in-box. The "move" system works but is VERY CUMBERSOME. Please bring back this feature. I clean out my in-box regularly by dragging and dropping incoming e-mails into appropriate folders. Thanks.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to drag and drop mails from inbox to folders in Edge. In old Outlook on the web this works.

• John Sutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the old version, you can drag emails from inbox to drop them in folders, couldn't do that in the new version.

I would like to be able to drag emails from my inbox to folders I don't want to have to go to move emails every time so time consuming.
        Simple is best

• TCHA Teu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

J'ai sélectionné tous les mails à mon nom pour les déplacer mais en vain.

I haven't explored the new outlook yet, but right away I decided to switch back b/c it doesn't look like I can drag emails into my archive.

Feedback and Knowledge Base