OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Can't drag emails into folder pane

I can't drag emails into the left hand folder pane, like was possible with the old interface. Would be such a time saver if this works in the new interface as well. Using Edge 42.17134.1.0

288 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Momchil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dragging an email to a folder has two issues for me:
        First it expands the folder too fast so in many cases it expands to wrong folder that is above the one I want.
        And secondly the scroll on the left pane menu is too fast.

Could you please look at the timings and speeds on the old version and set them to be the same?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it doesn't update the folders (it doesn't move the mails into the folders I want) !!!

Can't send messages. Can't save to drafts. Can't drag and drop messages to folders. No search capability. Can't start a new message. If mail responds briefly, it locks up again. I switch from new Outlook to the older version and all this functionality comes back.

What is happening?!?!?

• Sujan Bin Wadud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pls don't take functionality away for a "new look". Attachments are integral in business emails. The "new look" has lost the ability to drag-drop attachments or emails into new email or calendar draft tabs/windows. Hope this gets fixed asap; switching back to "old look" that works better for the time being. (Chrome user).

• Kelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dropping a dragged folder makes it a sub folder. I just want to change its position in the list, not make it a subfolder. It's not clear how to change the order of the folders.

• Beatrice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant drag and drop a message to a folder that i need to scroll in my folderlist to see. In the old version I was able to drag and scroll thru my folderlist to find the right one and drop. Now i need to first find the right folder so its visible in the vindow and then drag and drop.

Unable to drag and drop attachments into new emails and across tabs, as before. (was able to start an email, then pull an attachment from email in a separate tab, dropping it in new draft. Can't seem to even drag period now!)

I wish I could move all selected mail in the inbox into another folder. I liked the location of the "new message" button.

• Mike A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can drag and drop emails from my inbox to any folder in the left pane. I can also do the same to my online archive folder. I am using Chrome as my browser.

• Kabilan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to move bulk mail from one folder to another folder. Option to move some N mails from one folder to another folder.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new interface falls short, you can't drag and drop message(s) to to other folders anymore, I'm using Internet Explorer. E.g. from Inbox to another folder. You also can't press delete to Delete a message when you're on it, you actually have to press Delete from the top menu.

• Donna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to drag and drop emails into folders. Too many steps to move it.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base