OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

My emails kept flashing as if they were refreshing which was really annoying.

280 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This now seems resolved for me. Not sure if it was an Outlook.com update or a Firefox update.

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

permanent blinkings & resizing...
    Just awfull, not usable & exhausting (may related with usage of an old FF, but no update is permitted there)

• jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every time I scroll the page appears to be refreshing and flashing/reloading very frequently. Using Firefox ESR 45.7.0 currently. same thing happens on other computers. unsure of browser version on those comps.

this flashing/blinking is very annoying and happens every couple of seconds.

• Abbu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I move the arrow (via Mouse) on each email in my inbox, it flashes on the view window.

Dear Outlook Team,

I am having the same problem as well, my details as per below
    Browser: Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0
    Laptop: HP ProBook 430 G5
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80GHz
    RAM: 16GB, 64bit Operating System

Hope that the information is good enough as this laptop model has been using for most of the employees where I working currently.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Tim HS.

• Fábio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tested. firefox 52.9.0 (32-bit) blinks like a christmas tree.

Chrome 74.0.3729.131 works fine.

But we need to use firefox.

• Judith Wilcox-Blosser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It kept glitching as I was trying to use it and look at it. It hurt my eyes. It also kept trying to reload, so I couldn't read older messages.

• Cédric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I try the new outlook version, to write an email.
    I was typing, then 2 seconds later the words appears on the screen.
    When i add or remove recipient the screen the frame blink and the response time is very long.
    it was too unconfortable.
    Then i try to look my inbox, the mesage list was normally here but when the mouse pointer pass over messages every time the right frame was refereshing for nothing, and it takes a long time to show the same thing.

your feed back page also won't let me vote unless I give out my email for each vote! Seriously! Do you want feedback or not? Quit making it so hard to give it!

The webapge is super slow.
    Also when I click on the Delete icon it doesn't immediately delete the email. I think it eventually deletes but a long time passes. Also Why delete button is all the way on the left and not in the email preview panel?
    Finally the page keeps blinking when i click on the email, when i move the mouse around sometimes too. Very annoying :-( I'm using Firefox.

• Colin Wheeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new outlook it terrible. The screen keeps blinking white so I literally can't click anything! When I type it also keeps blinking white, this is so frustrating. . . Also the words I type don't keep up with my keyboard. -5 stars

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

behavior confirmed for Firefox ESR 52.4.0 (64-bit) / Windows 7 64-bit

The new look is very smooth but the screen blinks when you go back and forth with the mouse and the typing is delayed and temporarily freezes in the middle of typing a sentence.

This new version is not usable: can't use outlook functions and email can't be read ....

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firefox ESR 52.4.0 (32-bit)

i can send you a video of the screen if needed.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base