OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

it fine i like the old one better (old version)

296 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – First off, thank you for the feedback. Reading through the different comments it seems like there are two main themes that we are seeing.

1) People aren’t liking the extra circles / icons. Some folks feel this makes it less professional.

2) Extra spacing being taken by showing attachments previews.

I wanted to let everyone know that both of those features can actually be disabled.

Click on the Gear in the top right. This will open the quick settings pane. From look for sender photos and attachments previews.

Once you have those turned off, let us know if this helps your experience. It should look much more like the older experience.

Thanks,

David Los

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disabling the feature to preview attachments did not reduce the extra spacing between messages. Please put in an option to compact the message list. It is more beneficial to quickly see messages versus having to scroll -- this is especially true on a laptop or smaller device.

Seems very busy or cluttered --- too many colors, emblems, fonts. The clutter is very distracting.

• Joshua Delaney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New interface feels cartoonish and unprofessional. It is also far, far uglier than the old ugly interface without making navigating your mailbox any easier.

too busy.. and whoever said "cartoonish" is surprisingly accurate! Less is more people - streamline

• Why Name commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep it streamlined, simple, and PROFESSIONAL, at least as an option! Cartoonish...

• Steven Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

don't like new outlook on web. its untidy, overbusy, doesnt render well in chrome. not as compact or clean as before. too many circles

highly dislike when people change things. Just keep it the same and we will all be happy!!!!!

• Mariëlle Stolp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having problems inserting images and attaching documents (pdf). So I decided to switch back and could no longer access my mail because "there was a problem with my mailbox"... Fortunately switching back from the extremely slow loading calendar worked. But please don't release for testing when it's so extremely and obviously full of bugs.

• Marcus Baer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that the new Outlook was made into a big deal, and I was excited to try it out, but when I did, I didn't notice any changes. Everything still looks the exact same, it's the same unorganized, cluttered mailbox and confusing sidebar. So, things should be cleaned up a bit and simplified, or at least make it seem that way. How? Easy: a flat web design. This may sound useless, however, if it looks more modern and sleek, as well as clean and orderly (using white backgrounds and black/grey consistent fonts), this will make it at least seem easier to use, as well as draw more people towards Outlook. Another thing thta may prove useful to many is providing a digital "tour" of the website to point out some of the new helpful features. This will help because, as I said earlier, I could not see almost any difference between the old and the new. In fact, at one point I thought that I was in the old platform when I was really in the new one. I at least HOPE that I was not the only one who saw this, and it would have been nice to see the difference (via the tour).

• Michelle Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Main reason is when I type new email the screen keeps flashing and when I need to make a change I could not just direct the mouse to the point I needed to change had to backspace and erase the whole thing then make correction and retype the rest of the message back in.

← Previous 1 3

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Feedback and Knowledge Base