OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

The system is extremely slow. When I open new emails I receive an error message. The system stops, reloads and returns. It's frustrating.

2,129 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Thanks for reporting these issues, and for trying the new experience. We for sure don’t want you guys to be hitting performance issues!

However, we need a bit more details to help try to understand the problem.

Can you please respond back with what Brower, Browser Version, and Operating system you are using?

This will help us target our investigation.

Thanks

David Los

617 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The interface is basically good but just the speed is very slow so switching back to original version.

• Jenny Pavel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's frustrating after giving the new OUTLOOK in Office365 a chance to work the whole day. It's not working efficiently. Too slow in loading every single command.
        I have to switch back to the old look.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am up to date and I am using edge on my desk top computer it is very slow to change and load . Writing emails or responding is very slow as well. Need more room for the body of an email so when you read it you have a bigger portion of the screen not a 3rd. I don't kneed all of the space to read who it is from but would like to adjust the areas smaller right now you can only make it bigger.

Using Chrome on a 64-bit Microsoft OS PC. Freezes too much. Seems too much going on for the system to handle.

Extremely slow... takes a long time to load my emails, specially when needing to preview an attachment. I am using Internet explorer

• Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Undoubtedly the new Outlook is slower and less responsive than the previous version. Shame as it is an improvement, features-wise. However, the speed makes it unusable.

Most pronounced on Edge, but also noticeable on Firefox. Windows 10 - latest update installed (Oct 2018). Surface Pro 3 i7.

• Jonathan Hoare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working through emails seems more complicated, don't like all the colours and much slower which is main problem

• Jess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new outlook was INCREDIBLY slow for me, the old outllook is slow but much more doable.

quite slow, even keystrokes took a while to register on the screen. Also really dislike the new calendar function- very unclear

the new e-mail blinks and is very slow - I can type a paragraph and have to wait for it to catch up.

• Fern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is way too much lag and no a simple way to print pdf files.

• Isabel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The system is slow, with bugs and errors everywhere. Not ready for public.

too slow. we cannot collaborate across different calendars as they are inaccessible

Extremely slow, running firefox 52.9.0 (64-bit) on Ubuntu 16.04. I am running on a fast machine. No performance problems with the old Outlook Web

The system is super slow and constantly freezes or stalls when I try to send an email on the newer version of outlook.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

Feedback and Knowledge Base