OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

The system is extremely slow. When I open new emails I receive an error message. The system stops, reloads and returns. It's frustrating.

3,218 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi all – Thanks for reporting these issues, and for trying the new experience. We for sure don’t want you guys to be hitting performance issues!

However, we need a bit more details to help try to understand the problem.

Can you please respond back with what Brower, Browser Version, and Operating system you are using?

This will help us target our investigation.

Thanks

David Los

1087 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sreehari p n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The system is extremely slow and it is getting logged out frequently when i switched to new look. Older version is working fine as i can use it for hours once i logged in.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SUPER slow!!! Increased time required to complete tasks which is not what you want at work.

Also, searching your contacts to send an email had changed. You could no longer press "To" and search your contacts, you had to go to "People" and search from there and then select "send email." Very frustrating...

• Pargit Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nothing. looks exactly like the previous version. functions the same like previous version. it is exactly the previous version but slow. So, judt do nothing. no need to update unless there is a faster responding version.

• hannah tonner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no matter which web browser I use, there are performance issues. when I go to type in the search mail bar, the bar freezes and appears blank. several seconds later, the text i wrote may appear. Loading emails is incredibly slow. I will click on an email, and the screen will freeze. I switched back to the old outlook and all of these problems are fixed

Outlook interface is terrible and slow. You have Spam/Junk filters telling me every day - in summaries that I have Spam and Junk mail?! No way to turn this off? This is why GMail is better in every way. Clean and fast - give that a try.

Generally slow with Edge on Win10 1809 (opening, reading, writing)
        also we see calls to infra.lync.com running for 100secs

It takes forever to send an email after clicking send. I've actually not sent emails because I pressed "send" and then closed the window right away as I was on my way out on more than one occasion.

When typing an email, it often doesn't capture every letter and I have to go back and erase, starting over. It takes a long time to load and open new emails. I can't Tab over spaces when typing an email, I have to use the spacebar to move the cursor over to where I want it. Also, I prefer being able to save an attachment by clicking the arrow beside of it without having to download and open it, first.

• Rezod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When it takes a minute to open an email, and even longer to reply or make an attachment because it is busy spinning trying to load graphics that do not improve on the product in one way, something is wrong. Business users do not need a spinning icon, or pretty graphics. They need an email application that can at least keep up with an end user! Stop trying to write a mobile app then force PC users to use it. Microsoft application are moving backwards in an attempt to bring users functionality they don't want.

The application is slow and there is lag time when typing or loading information. I think the interface is clean, just slow and was frustrating.

• Srinivasan Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The outlook email pane doesnot load and it keeps showing "Refresh window". Even after refreshing multiple times, mails doesnt appear.

used chrome, most current version. i clicked reply-all several times and nothing happens, nor does it with reply. i gave up and switched back

← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55

Feedback and Knowledge Base