OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Old calendar UI was more readable (fonts/colors)

The old calendar UI (colored blocks with white text) was more readable than the new version. The new version is too bright/harder to look at.

513 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Bold event colors" was an improvement but I still find the old calendar UI to be more readable. Is there a possibility to change the default calendar event color?

• Demetris MckInley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The structure and contrasting in the color doesn't flow well when looking at emails, the calenda, folders etc.. Please use darker borders and darker fonts so that headings can be highlighted

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on Too much visual clutter--hate those colored circles, for example in outlook

• E Weatherford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This version is hard to read and too light. Also amount of items visible in any entire day's schedule is too limited

• Edmund Munday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything just feels really bulky and is missing a lot of white space. It feels like this UI was designed on a SUPER high res screen with little consideration for standard 1080p displays.

• Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fonts too big. old outlook is more neat and more fits to the screen

The new version is too light, too hard to read, and not clear. I vote for a more readable, more visually engaging update.

The previous layout of the calendar was much better than the new one. When I access the monthly calendar, using the new Outlook, I cannot easily check all the items during the particular date that was possible with the previous one. I'd like you to modify this point.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The choice of font colors doesn't bother me as much as the extra whitespace and larger font which makes it very difficult to visually scan inbox for what to grab first- have to scroll alot and makes me feel like I might miss something important if it wasn't one of the last 5ish emails i received. For the same whitespace/spacing reasons it's difficult to tell what's read vs. unread, each email is hard to visually separate from the next.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do NOT agree. The new calendar UI makes it so much clearer what day you are currently on and when in the day you are. In the old UI it was easy to accidentally look at the wrong day/time.

I agree. I always use two calendars in one overview, but that's unreadable in the new Outlook.
    Also: please don't use translucent items, makes it hard to read.

• Jan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very difficult for those of us with visual disabilities to see and distinguish anything with the new UI.

Go back to color block for the event rather than just the font. It makes it much easier to read.

• Jon Nott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Layering lots of all day events from multiple calendars as opaque backgrounds makes it very difficult to see the events.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs smaller font and more contrast. Difficult to quickly scan through emails, and to see which are read/unread. Also aesthetically unpleasing with the lack of contrast between emails/background/buttons/etc.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new interface just got messier with too many fonts and colours.

• Ine Verheyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Less is more. I like the old Outlook better because it is very clean and minimal. I do not like the new version with the colours (e.g. each contact person has a his initials in a coloured circle).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base