OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Old calendar UI was more readable (fonts/colors)

The old calendar UI (colored blocks with white text) was more readable than the new version. The new version is too bright/harder to look at.

306 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do NOT agree. The new calendar UI makes it so much clearer what day you are currently on and when in the day you are. In the old UI it was easy to accidentally look at the wrong day/time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I always use two calendars in one overview, but that's unreadable in the new Outlook.
        Also: please don't use translucent items, makes it hard to read.

• Jan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very difficult for those of us with visual disabilities to see and distinguish anything with the new UI.

• Jon Nott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Layering lots of all day events from multiple calendars as opaque backgrounds makes it very difficult to see the events.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs smaller font and more contrast. Difficult to quickly scan through emails, and to see which are read/unread. Also aesthetically unpleasing with the lack of contrast between emails/background/buttons/etc.

• Ine Verheyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Less is more. I like the old Outlook better because it is very clean and minimal. I do not like the new version with the colours (e.g. each contact person has a his initials in a coloured circle).

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what are those pastel colours ? we can't distinguish one from the others

• Olivia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The colors on the calendar aren't as distinct as they used to be. It's harder to distinguish between different events now

• CB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Old version calendar had option to color block items at top, or all day items. Now it's only the font.

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved how bright the old colors were. It was easy to tell them apart. I feel like the different shades of colors all look the same now

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new look makes the messages so big only a couple fit on the screen so you have to scroll too much. It also doesn't show you the unread messages once you get into the folder. Not great.

The new Outlook is terrible to view and work with. Please go back to the old version and quit messing things up!

For me changing the color schema on the events means that my desktop Outlook coloring does not match the coloring in OWA anymore. I'd prefer keeping it the same.

• Ana Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally liked the old calendar format better. I liked being able to see everyones daily schedule off to the side without having to expand the day. It was also a lot easier to identify everyone's schedule by color as well.

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate the fact that its one boring screen. I like how you can change color schemes on the old version. Please make that available on new Outlook and make it "Saveable" please! Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base