OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Approval of group message

The new Outlook has lost the "approval" button within in the moderator email. The email comes asking for approval but no button to approve.

49 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PHiggins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though moderated e-mail isn't the bulk of my e-mail, it's enough that I can't reasonably switch to the new Outlook without this feature.

• Brian Wing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Approval buttons are missing from the new OWA. We have messages that need approval to be delivered and the buttons for this function are missing.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, same here. Can we get the approve/decline buttons back in the new Outlook?

• Gary Nickerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have rules that flag particular email messages to reduce spam and those messages get sent to me for approval. In this new version, there's no approval button. I have the same issue in the Outlook client but the web version has been working. We need this approval mechanism restored in the new version.

• Vikram Kamath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is big miss. I use Outlook for Mac and have waited ages to get this feature but that hasn't happened. And now with the new Outlook on the web, there's simply no way to approve emails from the Exchange Approval Assistant. Need the feature quickly on both Outlook Web as well and Outlook client on Mac.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The approval button doesn't show up in Outlook for Mac either, so Outlook on the web is the only way to approve.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to approve/block email when I get a message that requires it, and I can't find the checkmark/X buttons from the new Outlook.

Feedback and Knowledge Base