OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

viewing multiple calendar

When viewing multiple calendars they are just laid on top of each other, yes they are a different color, but i have no idea who's calendar is who's. Also, to turn off one of those calendar, I have to search thru my 50 saved calendars to find the one that is enabled. You used to have a tab at the top that showed the user name and you could easily dismiss their calendar from that little tab.

320 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brad Teeters shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! If you’d like to view multiple calendars side-by-side, please go to the view switcher dialog (the button at the top labeled “Day, Work week, Week, or Month”, depending on which view you are currently in) and select “Split view” (please note that this option is not available in Month view).

With Split view, you can view as many calendars as you’d like side-by-side, and once you’re done viewing a particular calendar, click on the X at the top of the calendar to de-select it from your view. Once you’re completely done with a calendar and you’d like to remove it from your calendar list, you can go to the “…” menu next to the calendar and click Delete or Remove.

33 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yuki.Nakamura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to check multiple people's calendars, I have too many appointments on calendar and I do not know who's appointments are.
    Old one is much, much, much better.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

viewing multiple calendarrs is a nightmare in teh new system much prefer the old look and feel on this

Having the headers at the top of the calendars in order to choose (click) which one you want "highlighted" as the default at the moment is extremely important. We keep a "Team" calendar open for vacations and such. I need visibility to it, but not mashed in with my calendar.

Oh - also - someone mentioned the split function - YES. that is absolutely a necessary need.

please - this calendar thing is why i don't use the calendar on the downloaded software. it hurts my head and is a terrible setup the way you have it, not only in this online beta version but also in the downloaded software.

It's also more difficult to find the BEST time with all the calendars shown in one column. It's nice that it helps you find a time when all attendees are open for the full meeting, but I am looking for a slot often that won't be perfect but allows for the most time with the most high priority attendees and this view makes that really really hard to do.

• MarthaB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree; I need to have multiple calendars open out of a much larger set of calendars, and the new version is nearly unusable..

Instead of searching through all the calendars, it's so much better to have them overlaid over the top and be able to close someone's calendar just by clicking the x.

This is the #1 reason I turned off the new preview; other things I can get used to or tweak, but this massively impacts the functionality of my calendar.

When viewing multiple calendars being able to see the indiviudal calendars and not just having ... on screen (with no names) is not helpful. Prefer the old way.

You must put names above each calendar. I view 20 calendars and name are a must.

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't agree with this suggestion enough! Please bring back the tabs across the top to show whose calendars are being viewed. Split / Merged calendar view is an absolute must. Just having different colors with no way to know who is who is not helpful.

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE 100%!!! I am not unable to do my job as I support multiple executives and need all of their calendars open at one to readily see availability and schedule meetings; and YES, need the little "x" beside their name above their calendar to close it when needed! I hope Outlook is listening to us!!!!

This is another reason I'm switching back to the old view. Need to see the name of the calendar like the previous view.

• Henry Horsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only real reason I'm switching back to the old outlook - I've had to start writing down which person is which color as I select them on a sticky note. This seems counterproductive.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base