OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Group Owner unable to edit group membership

In the new UI, I (as a group owner) am unable to remove members from a group or remove ownership status. I have to switch to the old UI to do that.

68 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to know when I am able to access the Group distro list that I currently own?

• Nic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can add/edit group members if I'm using a Chrome browser but not an IE browser - have to go back to old version to be able to do it in IE.

• chantelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot edit and add a new client unless the email ends with .com, but in my country the emails end in .co.za? I have to revert to the old site to add a new member to my group.

• Nicole Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very difficult to edit existing groups. It takes longer to edit a group than to make a new one.

• Brian Schutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, editing members is clumsy or not possible in new UI. I used to go to People in browser, it was easy, now neither client or web app allows easily editing users such as changing their email. I also experienced the screen just turning grey issue described herein.

• Michael Carmack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to edit Group membership, but when I clicked on the "*** members" link the screen just turned gray and never showed me the members. Had to revert to the old Outlook to get to the membership screen.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the new Outlook I am unable to Edit a group. Can not change group details.

• L Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes cannot really edit by changing ownership and deleting members.

• Adam Grochowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot seem to view members of group that I am the owner of...screens says Ops Something Went Wrong

Need to be able to add/remove O365 Group Members. This is disabled in the new experience.

• sunil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am unable to find group id as i am admin for that group

After discovering a Group like to be able to Owners and Members please

I agree, now it is very difficult to administrate Groups, it takes long time. I switch back to the older version.

I cannot "approve" a contact request of joining to my group directly from the Request Message. I need to return to the older version.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - the members list view from the group conversation is the most useful way to manage members of an Office 365 group. The view on the site isn't anywhere near as friendly. So yes, please add it back in the new Outlook. There are a little too many old features missing from the new view to make it viable to switch

Feedback and Knowledge Base