OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

limit the search to a specific folder

There seems to be no way to limit the search to a specific folder, ie. you archive or inbox.

70 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to search in our sent folder specifically and have it included when searching. This is an extremely important resource for someone sending quotes and important emails I need to be able to easily find and find fast. Please advise an estimated date for when this will be fixed. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everytime I want to search a specific folder, I have to switch back to the old version. Obviously, from the volume of comments about a variety of features, the new version is far from complete. It's disappointing that Microsoft would release a new version in which so much functionality was lost.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to look only in or search all messages or from one folder only.

• LP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have option to search for mail with attachments.

Also - need ability to search specific folders and specific fields (i.e. Sent to or received from)

• Andrew Teye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanna be able to search within a specific folder (i.e. inbox, sent, clutter, etc) instead of in general. It is very convenient to be able to do that so you can find specific emails quicker--the older version allowed users to do that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base