OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

I need access to people, calendar, reminders from the same mail window/tab like in the old version. New version opens new tabs.

40 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just don't default to opening a new tab when someone clicks from contacts, calendar, inbox to one of the other areas. This is completely unnecessary and just makes me have to close extra tabs.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Option to not open your calendar in a new window, prefer to toggle between inbox and calendar in the same tab/window. 2

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Browsers already provide functionaility to open a link in a new tab if the user desires (e.g. middle mouse click). In the old version, users had a choice. Now users are forced into a single, annoying behavior.

Browsers already have builtin ways to open a link in a new tab if the user so desires (e.g. middle mouse click). A regular click shouldn't open a new tab. This new behavior is forcing users into a specific (and as others mention, annoying) pattern when they previously had a choice.

every time you want to switch to the calendar or switch back to the mails the web interface open a new tab. that is very annoying

Maybe a way to configure that behavior woud be nice.

• Volvie Polatseck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the old when switching between email and calendar it did it in the same window in the new it opens a new tab, i want the feature of opening anew window optional.

Please also include a convenient tab for notifications like in the old version so I can see what my tasks are for the day without opening a new window.

I wish that the calendar would open on the same tab. I don't like that it opens a new tab for the calendar and one for the mail. The way it does it now it's a lot better.

I really dislike that going from Mail to Calendar opens a new tab. It feels less like an app, and I end up losing my place.

Feedback and Knowledge Base