or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  AdminOutlook Web Contacts Team (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for using Outlook on the Web and for taking the time to provide feedback on the product. We’re currently investigating bringing a GAL entry to the new Outlook on the Web Experience.

Please feel free to keep the feedback coming!

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the GAL. Old version had the directory - now not able to select from GAL

• Navarro, Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have if you're aiming for companies to use this product. If it's for home users, no need. Also, only implement it if the GAL can be searched/filtered by fields like Company, Office, City, etc. in addition to the name of the person.

• Dynamic Node commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show Groups, Mail Enabled Security Groups, Distribution Lists and Dynamic Distribution Lists in GAL.

However, the privacy of listing the members of the group should be changeable for the Group owners.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would this be removed? Looks like this new version needs a lot of work based on this and other feedback I am reading.

• Mohammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable the Global contact directory, so that we can find anyone by typing their name in the search field

Same issue with the new outlook. One of the 1st things I noticed was missing. I think this is a step back from the previous version. Bring back the Directory/GAL. Also, does not need to open in a new tab.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the Contacts in the new Outlook on the Web is less functional than the older version. For example, there is no longer a way to display the GAL. I also do not see the O365 Groups that I am member of. Not liking what I am seeing...

• LaMont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have multiple address books in a company directory, you are unable to send emails to contacts that aren't in the default directory.

• Paul E Beiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? This was the 1st thing missing, I noticed at Ignite. Hoping for an update soon!

• James Naisbitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not search the company address directory using the new outlook. Suggested addresses limited to recent correspondents. No ability to cycle through multiple address books.

I get how this works, but we will see a lot of support tickets from users that don't. Plus it doesn't allow you to browse if you don't know specifically what you are looking for.

• C Vincent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to search my entire email directory for my organization. It no longer allows this. Instead it gives me a few top suggestions.

In the new Outlook 365 interface, it is confusing that user unable to search for "Directory" user directly. It is confusing for users who want to search internal user in GAL.

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to open a new tab when I navigate between Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks. I want to remain in the same tab.
        Also, where's the GAL?

• Paul E Beiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the GLOBAL ADDRESS LIST folder (Outlook in the browser \ Directory \ one of several folders).

This is found in Outlook on the desktop at \ ribbon \ find \ address book.

• aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

寫郵件時, 收信人無法列出公司目錄的all user來選擇
        When writing a new message, I can't select the company's directory all-user

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base