OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Clean, Clear Interface

Mail interface is just a mess. Cluttered, confusing, difficult to use. Please, please, please clean up the interface. Smaller fonts. Less cruft. Something like old desktop Outlook, Thunderbird, or Zimbra.

The old interface was an abomination. The new one is no better.

34 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

C shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let a UX designer help you guys out! So hard to read. Really hard to tell what I've read and what I haven't. Why are some subject lines indented and some not? This makes it ******* the eyes. Don't include attachments - that breaks spacing consistency and makes it more difficult to read. Allow for 3 viewing options like gmail's display density options "Default" "Comfortable" "Cozy".

• Candice Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inbox looks too busy in the new view. I strive to keep my inbox limited to only items that I need to complete. The new view is very busy and appears larger than needed even when I hide the attachments.

I also like the ability to see calendar reminders from the inbox, it did not appear that that ability was available in the new view.

• Hillary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it to be too busy and it bothers my eyes. I would prefer something more minimal.

• Tecia Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook email is very confusing in terms of when emails come through and timing and synchronization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be some uniform colors because with multiple colors for every individual it is too busy, ******* the eyes, to be able to scan through long list of emails, unopened, etc. it is harder to see what is unread and not unread the line on the side is ok but you lose sight of it with all the colored icons for each individual - just gives me a headache after a while and I have to switch back to deskop version of outlook 2016 for Mac (on MacOSX).

• Holden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All in all, I like the update. However, I feel that the symbols make it too messy. Also, I can't find the skype button. But I do like it. Just remove the profile pics on the home screen and reorganize and it would be better.

• Shankar Ram Mohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. there is heavy spacing between two emails. Please reduce it and there is no need to show PDF with extra space at the bottom of each mail 2. Too much cluttering with information. Please keep it simple with selection 3. fonts differences in size and color are confusing. Example - This week is not clear vs email header.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like seeing the body of the email (attachments, etc) in the sidebar- it's visually busy and takes up a lot of room.

Feedback and Knowledge Base