OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Accessing group/team for attachments in email

Can't access the group/team onedrive to attach documents to an email. This is a MAJOR issue.

19 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Later... the whole web experience is still too disjointed. I've just opened a Word document online. I now want to compose an email to send it. Very cumbersome - share doesn't have an option to send as attachment - just sharing a link. So I open OWA (new or old) and have to navigate through a pretty dire interface to find the document I've just opened. It's just horribly user unfriendly.

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the other posts. This is a major step backwards for those working in Outlook on the web. You are almost forcing us to carry on using network locations/WebDAV. In addition, why isn't the attachment system able to also hook into the files you've recently opened in one of the Office applications? Like Outlook desktop can - it's not like the list of recent files isn't stored in the cloud already.

• Pierre Trudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vanishing feature that worked well in the old interface. Please Microsoft OWA is not a minor tool. You cannot remove that many features/function with the new interface. My main argument for deploying 365 is that changes will be gradual and will bring new features without disrupting business. If I had been in production instead of on a pilot project it would have result in a riot here. The new interface is currently at best an alpha version as far as I am concerned. So many thing that where fine are just missing/broken.

• Russell Dodson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. End users expect to be able to attach a file from SharePoint to an e-mail they wish to send. That is just what end users are used to.

Feedback and Knowledge Base