OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Move emails from to line to the cc line by dragging

When emailing and you accidentally put someones name in the "To" line but need to move them to the "Cc" line. You use to be able to just drag them back and forth. Now you have to delete and then re-add them in the appropriate place.

1,000 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

154 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new format does not let me copy all the emails that I put in the BBc. The old format lets me.

• Nino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't drag an attachment or entire message to a new email (from one window to another). Can't drag from "to" to "cc" and vice versa. Can't "insert previous attachment"

Put the drag and drop email contacts back!!! I use this feature all the time! It is inefficient to have to delete and renter the address to move it.

• Paul Kitchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this! Only client I have ever used where you cannot drag addresses to other address lines.

• Nashit Irfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only one issue I have found that we can't drag the recipient email from (To) to (CC). We have to delete the recipient email id from (To) and enter again in (CC).

Me too, I quite often move contacts from To; to CC or BCC and it's a pain to do it in the new Outlook

• Oleg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In new interface you can't just drag contacts from TO to Copy and you need to type in every time if you want to change preority between recipients

• reza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a big waste of time if we should re type email addresses.

• Young Deng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's not convenient , Cc contacts cannot be dragged directly to the sent contact column

We cannot drag email addresses from TO to CC to BC... when forwarding or replying to an email

• Jason Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was generally pleased, but it no longer seems to be possible to reply to an email and move addressees from To to Cc simply - you used to be able to drag, now you have to delete and reenter - not good.

• Raphael Amaral commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's impossible drag emails between fields "To", "Cc" and "Bcc". On the old version it is possible and useful.

• mhirono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the previous version, I was able to click and drag one's email address from TO to CC or BCC (vice versa). However, the current version seems nullify this convenient function, which makes me somewhat irritating. Could you updated it so that I could edit the email more interactively?

• Vijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

compare to old version, The new OWA interface is Very slow ,while reading new message, drag & drop from To to CC address actual email address deleted

the new outlook not able to drag the contacts and the also the mail. Not user friendly at all

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base