OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Move emails from to line to the cc line by dragging

When emailing and you accidentally put someones name in the "To" line but need to move them to the "Cc" line. You use to be able to just drag them back and forth. Now you have to delete and then re-add them in the appropriate place.

1,142 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

171 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jordi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In chrome, when we're writing mail in the same tab, it works, but in a new tab, the drag and drop does a copy.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for re-implementing a feature of Outlook that has been in place since the original release.
    Would really like to hear the explanation from Product Management on why are decades such a feature was intentionally removed.
    Perplexing to say the least.

• Jishnu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes email address expansion is not functioning even after focusing cursor on to it.. need to be refreshed

• Batterberry, Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you but what about dragging and dropping of attachments?? This is a deal breaker (have to stay on old) until this is fixed.

I cannot find a way to add someone to a group. Very frustrating. Please add that back in or make it clearer how that can be done. Drag and drop has always been my preference.

• Zac Remboldt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll comment to make sure this is clear:
    I want to be able to drag a recipient from the "to" line to the "CC" line and vice versa. This used to be possible. Now I have to delete the recipient from one line and retype their name on the other.

• Come again? commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook does not allow you to move recipient names between the To and Cc field, when replying to an email.

• Jomar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto checking of names from other email transaction was too slow compared from original version. Also, dragging of email address from one line to another was disabled.

When writing an email: it's not possible any more to drag and drop recipients between the "To" and "CC" lists.
    An another note: it is not possible to set up a signature (or even to paste a piece of HTML) that contains tables with background-image instructions (Google Mail handles it without problem).

The new format does not let me copy all the emails that I put in the BBc. The old format lets me.

• Nino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't drag an attachment or entire message to a new email (from one window to another). Can't drag from "to" to "cc" and vice versa. Can't "insert previous attachment"

Put the drag and drop email contacts back!!! I use this feature all the time! It is inefficient to have to delete and renter the address to move it.

• Paul Kitchen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this! Only client I have ever used where you cannot drag addresses to other address lines.

• Nashit Irfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only one issue I have found that we can't drag the recipient email from (To) to (CC). We have to delete the recipient email id from (To) and enter again in (CC).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base