OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Distribution Groups removed from settings menu.

Need to be able to access Distribution Groups (not Office 365 Groups) from OWA like in old version so users can self-service join/leave.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/distribution-groups-e8ba58a8-fab2-4aaf-8aa1-2a304052d2de

760 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean Seward shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

177 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with Distribution Groups almost on a daily basis. The Distribution Groups should be as easily accessible as in the old version, so users can self-service.

• Erin Willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot add groups to calendar invite. It pops up red and will not let me send the calendar invite until I remove the group. Very frustrating.

• Charmaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Distribution Group and not Office 364 Group for totally different reason- one way communication vs two way communication...

Distribution Group - exactly for distributing info - one way like a listserv - no need for a separate storage area.

Office365 group - communiucation back and forth Between members (different purpose)

• Daniel Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is very frustrating, all it did removing it was make the admin job that much more difficult

Unable to search nor find the Distribution Groups option, which under the old view is found at Settings/Mail/General/Distribution Groups. Need to set members and owners.

Need to be able to access Distribution Groups (not Office 365 Groups) from OWA like in old version so users can self-service join/leave.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new outlook settings does not allow one to manage Distribution Groups. No link to it.

Now I need add a member for distribution groups, but I can not find distribution groups menu. How can I add / remove members in new version.

• ScwewyWabbit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to search nor find the Distribution Groups option, which under the old view is found at Settings/Mail/General/Distribution Groups. Need to set members and owners.

• Kasandra Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is frustrating that I cannot find this option. Especially since there have been no updates to the knowledge base articles on how to update distribution groups.

We use it to give or revoke persmissions on mailboxes. This does not work with Office 365 groups!

• Mary Dirlam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking for a way to manage my distribution groups from "old" Outlook and haven't found it yet in "new" Outlook so I need to switch back to the "old" version to manage my distribution groups.

• Kris Meinert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with Distribution Groups almost on a daily basis. The Distribution Groups should be as easily accessible as in the old version, so users can self-service.

It was easy to edit distribution lists in the previous version. Now I can't even find online instructions for finding my distribution lists, let alone editing them! Why would MS so alter this function as to make it impossible to use? My idea is that you return this functionality to users!

I have to switch to old Outlook to create a new distribution group or to edit a current distribution group. I need this feature in a 1000 + member company!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base