OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Distribution Groups removed from settings menu.

Need to be able to access Distribution Groups (not Office 365 Groups) from OWA like in old version so users can self-service join/leave.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/distribution-groups-e8ba58a8-fab2-4aaf-8aa1-2a304052d2de

199 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean Seward shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here! Feature needed and not available in new interface.

• HIRO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need Distribution Groups, newer version will cause business interruption.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need distributions lists back in OWA as you can only see one Owner in the Outlook client itself. We are getting a lot of calls from users as it was not mentioned anywhere. Why dont you change it so that outlook client shows not just the members but also who owns the DL as well.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating the Distribution lists keep getting buried or very difficult to find. I will need to switch back to the old view.

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

where have all the config settings gone I cannot access distribution groups now? as well as a ton of other settings

Also here, Distribution list missing and also all de users of the organisation in the new version of owa

• Richard Passavant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Took me all of 1min to figure out this was missing and switch back - since I'm a mac user this is the only place I can manage the distribution lists I own.

Either that or add the functionality to the macOS version of Outlook - which would actually be preferred...

We need Distribution Groups. Sometimes you just don't want or need Office 365 groups - a simple list of users is fine.

Could not find "Distribution Lists" to update the DLs. Went back to old view. Make it simple of manage distribution lists and aliases.

• Vandrey Trindade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really that necessary that we, paid users, need to tell Microsoft what they are missing when they want to update the interface?
        This is mandatory for organizations. We need to delegate some part of our job to other people. Will Microsoft let us do our jobs?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is stupid. Is there some other way an owner of a list can edit the list without switching back to the old interface?

Unable to go to settings for Distribution Groups to update the membership of Groups. Need to switch to old interface just to go this one activity.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base