OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Distribution Groups removed from settings menu.

Need to be able to access Distribution Groups (not Office 365 Groups) from OWA like in old version so users can self-service join/leave.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/distribution-groups-e8ba58a8-fab2-4aaf-8aa1-2a304052d2de

893 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sean Seward shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

199 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ketan Julka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unable to see the Distribution Groups options in the newer version of OWA. So that users can manage DL's and O365 groups.

• James Hedberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try bing for "more intuitive"

"Groups" doesn't include "Distribution Groups" - really?

Search doesn't really work for distribution groups (partial names are not picked up)

Take 10 people and ask them how to change the members of a Distribution Group. Then watch them flop like fish...

• Ted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore distribution groups option immediately. I need to add people to the distribution groups now.

• Dave Cresswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too am suffering from not being able to deal with my distribution groups in OWA and it gets annoying having to switch back to old interface to do this. I then have to switch back to new interface as I need to use the Encrypt function which is not available in old interface.

Please bring the functionality back asap.

• Jason Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to have import option and mass add for contact lists. Our customer has a large number of users he sends mail. We need him to manage the "Distribution Group" so our IT resources are not drained on a trivial task.

• Micah Culpepper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the "new look" settings, there is no where to create or manage distro lists. I have to switch back to the old look for this.

• Robert Hacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the new outlook, but having to switch back to the old version to manage my distribution groups is a pain.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I enjoy new Outlook, I only have to go back to the old version to edit my distribution groups. I wish I could get to them in the new Outlook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a way to manage distribution groups owned by non admin users in the new Outlook for Web interface. I have users who own groups that can only manage them through the old Outlook for Web portal.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the old version I was one of the owners of a DL and could add / remove members from the Global address list.
    I can't find this option in the new version anywhere.

I can not find the distribution groups option in new version.

I can not manage districution groups. I need it back.

• Katie Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For planning, any estimated ETA on "the new version" mentioned on May 28, 2019? We are waiting for this functionality in the New Version, along with Public Folder visibility.

In new version, I cannot manage distribution groups. Please restore this function or add new function.

• a@b.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has "Settings > Options > Groups > Distribution groups I belong to." vanished?

Need to be able to access Distribution Groups (not Office 365 Groups) from OWA like in old version.

• Lori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really frustrating to see this isn't solved yet. We have hundreds of distribution groups on our campus and I myself manage about a dozen. We have owners manage their own members, so it's crucial that they be able to do so on the web if they are away from their desk (and the desktop Outlook application that seems to slowly be going away).

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base