OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Support seeing attachments in S/MIME signed emails

New Outlook UI doesn't currently allow viewing attachments in digitally signed emails. That's huge drawback to anyone who works with the federal government.

24 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam Arora shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I receive a lot of messages that have the alert message:
    S/MIME isn't supported in this view. To view this message in a new window, click here
    As a result, have to open the message in a new window to respond, forward, etc.

• Max Peterhans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the new Outlook doesn't properly support S/MIME.
    At least I was able to choose in the message options of the old version to sign or encrypt messages, but that's now gone (and I do have the S/MIME control installed!).

I wasn't able to reply or forward email. Got an error that SMIME wasn't supported when I tried. Also couldn't view or save attachments to One Drive to view later.
    Also slower than old 365 - if that's possible

Hope you guys are reading on the comments on this and can make the correction pretty quickly.

• HPS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"S/MIME isn't supported in this view. To view this message in a new window, click here"

I agree. Having the same issue here. I work at a state university and ran into this when communicating with a colleague at a different university. It works fine in the old version.

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Feedback and Knowledge Base