OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Can't drag the attachments

In the new version I can't drag the attachments between a windowed mail to antoher new messages.
Now I need to save the attachment and then to reattach to the new message.

614 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Toon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drag-and-drop still doesn't work on 28/05/2019. This worked fine (and was a great feature) in previous versions!

• Zara Piles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality still doesn't work as at 15.03.2019. Cannot drag documents (Word, Excel, Adobe etc.) from PC folders or emails to calendar appointments.

This functionality still doesn't work. Cannot drag documents (Word, Adobe, Excel etc) from folders or emails to calendar appointment in new Outlook Web.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very busy to look at - Cannot find how to insert my signature line - it was automatic on the previous version. Cannot seem to click and drag an attachment to desktop - must download first?

• Lydia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I commonly will send images to clients from previous emails I have already sent. I can no longer drag & drop images from one email to another. It forces me to switch back over to the old version, very cumbersome.

Old Outlook allow us to drag attachment from between windowed mail to another new template., new Outlook doesn't. Re-attach is inconvenient

This was already mentioned, but it was set as "completed", when in fact it does not work in the new system. We need the function to be able to drag attachments from one windowed email to another new message. Again, this is not working and has not been completed as previously said.

Dragging attachments to calendar appointments isn't working - it just opens the attachment. I need to attach PDF and Word docs (i.e. invitations, tickets, meeting agendas) to calendar appointments quickly and easily.

• Nick Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if it is just using the Chrome browser, but this functionality definitely does not work. It used to work, but not on "the new outlook"

• Brett Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Philip, This functionality DOES NOT work with the new outlook format as you stated in your comment on this thread on 2/15/19. You cannot drag and drop from one email to a new message, as you could in the previous online outlook. Please add this function back.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base