OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Could not find Opening calendar from directory

There used to be an option to open others' calendars and I cannot find it now. In the old OWA it's: right click on Other calendars/Open calendar/From directory

421 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Akos Toth-Mate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kait Sweetman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User: https://outlook.uservoice.com/users/889471501-deborah-stevens and I have the same problem:

Need to be able to add a calendar to a group - at the moment discover calendar puts them at the bottom of a list. I have a large number of calendars that I can view so I need to be able to find my team quickly - you can neither alphabetise or sort the calendars once they are open. I have to keep toggling back to the old version to add a calendar in the right place.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search function for opening others' calendars is still not there. I have to switch back to the old version every time I need to look up someone's calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 100% not fixed. How is it that in 3 months time no one has addressed this? How can you call this a functioning feedback system if the issues logged are not even fixed and then your admin response blatantly lies about fixing them?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely not fixed. I am using Edge by default browse experience and there is no "open calendar" option anywhere.

• Frederik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this is not fixed to a satisfactory level - switched back to the old version, hope you will reconsider this!

• Deborah Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to add a calendar to a group - at the moment discover calendar puts them at the bottom of a list. I have a large number of calendars that I can view so I need to be able to find my team quickly - you can neither alphabetise or sort the calendars once they are open. I have to keep toggling back to the old version to add a calendar in the right place.

Please re-consider this request. In the old UI it was really easy to quickly open another calendar. One click into the search field and another click on the persons name showing up.

This is way too many clicks to be considered "completed." It's a workaround at best. I should be able to type a coworker's name in the search bar or somewhere top level, have that name pop up, and then have their calendar totally visible.

• Scott Pihl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want other people's calendars to pop up in the calendar search like it does in the old version so all I have to do is start typing someones name in the upper left calendar search bar, click the name, and then their calendar overlaps mine on the main calendar view.

Is this functionality coming or is it being abandoned?

• Hector Maglione commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature isn't completed. The right click option to open a calendar, or the search calendar window was quicker. Discover Calendars, really?

I only found the new location from reading this article. It needs to go back to its original location.

• Kevin Mears commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The previous right click functionality was better.

I guess the new way is more logical, but some of the terminiology could be improved - 'import calendar from directory' is a little imprecise.

I "refreshed" as in the Admin directions above and could not find how to open a new calendar fro the directory (either at the top or at the bottom of the calendars).

• Lena Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the other users who commented that this not a good fix. Why have you removed it from the right click menu and buried it in another menu? I use this feature all the time to review my colleague's calendars.

• Shane R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to find it thanks to Jeffrey's post below. He's right, it's odd that it's so buried - beforehand it was easy just to search for it in the upper left-hand search box.

To add other's calendars, in the left pane you need to scroll to the bottom and click on "Discover Calendars". Then at the bottom left of the popup window, click "From directory", you can then search for a contact's calendar to open.

• Ashley Stauffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with some of the other comments here. I want to minimize or remove these other 'leisure' calendars from the discover calendars menu. I won't ever use this, and it is a distraction.

• Jeffrey Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

find the 'Discover calendars' link in the leftside panel underneath your existing calendar list. A big dialogue box opens - scroll the left panel down (underneath the ridiculous sports calendars list - which is the same as the big icons so such a waste of space) to see the Import Calendars links (ie., 'from Directory' ) that used to be one click away on top. Very odd to bury the business feature in favor of other 'leisure' calendars.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base