OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Outlook on the web?

Could not find Opening calendar from directory

There used to be an option to open others' calendars and I cannot find it now. In the old OWA it's: right click on Other calendars/Open calendar/From directory

374 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Akos Toth-Mate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

69 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only found the new location from reading this article. It needs to go back to its original location.

I "refreshed" as in the Admin directions above and could not find how to open a new calendar fro the directory (either at the top or at the bottom of the calendars).

I agree with the other users who commented that this not a good fix. Why have you removed it from the right click menu and buried it in another menu? I use this feature all the time to review my colleague's calendars.

• Shane R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to find it thanks to Jeffrey's post below. He's right, it's odd that it's so buried - beforehand it was easy just to search for it in the upper left-hand search box.

To add other's calendars, in the left pane you need to scroll to the bottom and click on "Discover Calendars". Then at the bottom left of the popup window, click "From directory", you can then search for a contact's calendar to open.

• Ashley Stauffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with some of the other comments here. I want to minimize or remove these other 'leisure' calendars from the discover calendars menu. I won't ever use this, and it is a distraction.

• Jeffrey Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

find the 'Discover calendars' link in the leftside panel underneath your existing calendar list. A big dialogue box opens - scroll the left panel down (underneath the ridiculous sports calendars list - which is the same as the big icons so such a waste of space) to see the Import Calendars links (ie., 'from Directory' ) that used to be one click away on top. Very odd to bury the business feature in favor of other 'leisure' calendars.

• Tina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite the completed comment by admin on December 14, 2018, THIS IS NOT FIXED!

• NTF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I neither see it is working. This feature is fatal to opt for a new version.

Same here. Can't open calenders in calendergroups and can't easily search calenders from my contactlist in the searchbar like it used to be possible.

I'm with everybody else on this chain of comments, I can't see it and it's functionality I need, so will switch back to old to add somebody to my list of calendars to see then switch back to the new version as it is generally better than the old version

• Hunter, Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I schedule apps for multiple people. I need to be able to access conference rooms @ a moments notice. I shouldn't have to look for each one. I need my calendar groupings to show in my sidebar. Period.

In the former version, I didn't have to do anything. The same format I had in the application, automatically loaded in the online version. Why would you change that?

I have no idea why someone thought decreasing the functionality was a good thing.

This version is not user friendly in the least.

Admin says completed, but I still can't view another users calendar overlay on my calendar. I can add the calendar but it doesn't show up when I click the check box.

I used to search in the search box at top-left of the web calendar and I could easily see my co-workers calendar in the same view as my calendar. I cannot see this is possible at the moment. Switching back to the old calendar!

I am not able to open other calenders from the directory as of 2019-02-01. I am using owa from Japan.

unable to view the sidebar full day on the calendar after you have clicked on the day while viewing it in month form.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base