OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suggested Reply - Eliminate text recommendations or make them opt-in only

Suggested words and phrases suddenly started appearing for me in my Outlook for web a few days ago without any prior communication or action on my part, and without my consent, either.

They are annoying and intrusive, and forcing them on me was presumptive, rude, and hateful.

I know exactly what I want to say and take great pride in my writing and my editing ability. When I want input from others, I will ask for it. I DO NOT NEED (NOR WILL I EVER WANT) SUGGESTIONS from an automated AI.

Please disable them and only make it an opt-in…

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

110 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re constantly trying to improve the quality of our features, but we realize not everyone finds them helpful.

To disable Text predictions:
    - Click the Settings button at the top of the page, then “View all Outlook settings”
    - Go to “Mail” → “Compose and reply”
    - Scroll to “Text predictions”
    - Clear the checkbox labelled “Suggest words or phrases as I type”

To disable Suggested replies:
    - Click the Settings button at the top of the page, then “View all Outlook settings”
    - Go to “Mail” → “Compose and reply”
    - Scroll to “Suggested replies”
    - Clear the checkbox labelled “Show suggested replies”

More information about these features can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-intelligent-technology-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-com-24b30683-8340-4b69-b8ac-4193ec528a70?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

2. Where is Skype???

Where is Skype???

7,163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1840 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new integrated Skype for Business experience is now available on the new Outlook on the Web for all customers worldwide.

If you have a Skype for Business account (and have not yet been migrated to Teams), you should see a Skype logo in the right half of the top header upon signing in.

If you have already been fully migrated to Teams, then instead of a Skype logo, you should see a button (it looks like chat bubbles) that opens Microsoft Teams in a new browser tab.

You may need to clear your browser cache and/or refresh your Outlook Web session to see the newly rolled out changes.

3. How do I get rid of the "tab" that auto completes phrases? Its annoying and I do not know how it got there

How do I get rid of that annoying "Auto complete" tab that shows up in every document and e-mail I write

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using OWA, and we apologize this feature isn’t meeting your expectations. We constantly listen to feedback to improve OWA to help increase productivity, so please continue providing it!

To disable this feature:
    - At the top of the page, select Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Compose and reply.
    -Under “Text predictions”, clear the “Suggest words or phrases as I type” check box.

You can find more information on this feature here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-intelligent-technology-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-com-24b30683-8340-4b69-b8ac-4193ec528a70

4. 926 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

323 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey thanks for your feedback. We’re transitioning all our users over to this new experience.

We’ve put popular settings into our new Quick Settings pane (click the settings gear in the header to access it), which may help you personalize your experience and enjoy OWA a little more.

5. Make To field the default active field when creating a new email

When writing a new email, Outlook opens up a new email. The cursor briefly flashes in the To field and then jumps to the main message. You end up writing the recipient's email address in the main message not the To field. The cursor should not jump to the main message field.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4,175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1510 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, thank you ALL for providing such detailed feedback around some of the performance issues you had faced. Over the last few weeks we have been shipping out a variety of fixes that will address some of the issues that were reported.

The items that we fixed were largely around some specific browser and Operating System combinations.

If you are hitting any other performance issues, please open up a new feedback or ticket and we will debug those as well.

Thanks!

David Los

7. [Dislike]:New Message / Reply Cursor in BODY not TO

New Messages and replies place the cursor into the message body instead of the TO: field, which our users are finding to be irritating and not in keeping with the offline outlook defaults and experience.

The cursor should be in the TO: field as the usual workflow is to add emails, then possibly CC:, and Topic field... then the user clicks into the body.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Outlook to create Teams meeting by default when you schedule a meeting

Possibility to select an option so that every meeting you schedule in outlook is a Teams meeting and contains the information to join
    This should be available for the user to configure but also for the admin to force for all users in the organization

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1,811 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

754 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the feedback. We really do read all of it and have been making changes to the new Outlook on the Web experience.

I did just want to let you know that while we are working through feedback if there are things you still need in the old experience you can just toggle back to the old one.

Hope it helps

David Los

10. I don't see the Upcoming Event/ calender notifications in new Version

I don't see the Upcoming Event/ calender notifications in new Version.. That's the most important thing i want.... I have missed a meeting just because there wasn't any update / notification... this is the only reason why I am switching back to old version.... Please bring it back in new version ASAP

1,968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

268 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DO NOT OPEN CALENDAR, CONTACTS or TASKS in a new window!

Do not open calendar, contacts or tasks in a new window, or at least make that configurable!

If you're using a browser-app window (Chrome is capable of that) than you have an application window for Outlook 365, with Icon on the desktop and all, and you have no tabs in that window.
    If the calendar and the others are opened in a new window, a new browser window with that tab opens and you loose the overview you have with that integrated browser-web-application.

So for now I am back to the old version due to this.

1,648 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

632 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Dislike]:spell check option- "add to dictionary"

outlook did the update to spell check and the option- "add to dictionary" is removed, this need to be added back its required urgently, due to option Ignore all is useless!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open another / new mailbox

need to be able to open another mailbox from the new OWA like you can in the old OWA

2,807 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

442 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Cannot paste from Google Sheets to Outlook

When copying from Google Sheets Excel to Outlook mail, only values can be pasted without any formatting.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. get rid of the suggestion box at the bottom of the email

the suggestion box is very distracting when you're are trying to do work. Like I'm already having trouble staying focused on my school work and I don't need more things distracting me. plus 99% of the time they don't work work what I'm trying to say

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features

"Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features" - why do I see this in the bottom-left corner of my screen? We're on M365 Business. Clicking the link directs me to buy O365 Home. Should I downgrade?

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1,028 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

271 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable clicking the Browse with Room finder option in Ootw Scheduling Assistant

Currently, Browse with Room finder option is unclickable and does not provide any room option if we click it when we try to add the conference room from Scheduling Assistant in Ootw calendar.
    We can select the option by using arrow keys and Enter key but using the keyboard every time is inconvenient. It would be great for our operation if we can click to use the Browse with Room finder option in Scheduling Assistant.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clean, Clear Interface

Mail interface is just a mess. Cluttered, confusing, difficult to use. Please, please, please clean up the interface. Smaller fonts. Less cruft. Something like old desktop Outlook, Thunderbird, or Zimbra.

The old interface was an abomination. The new one is no better.

1,697 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

429 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First off, I just wanted to take a minute and personally thank each and everyone of you for trying the new Outlook on the Web experience and for taking time to provide feedback!

We truly read every piece of feedback and discuss how to best iterate and improve the product. With that being said, there seems to be a set of users that are saying they feel the new experience is more cluttered. This is for sure not the impression we want to leave!

As we dig in, we see two pieces of UI that are getting the most feedback from this group. First it is the Sender Photos and second it is the attachment previews.

We actually have a setting that can turn both of these off. If you can, can you try disabling these two features and see if everything feels better? We would love to hear back.

20. Flags vs unflag: more options please!

When flagging an email there used to be several options (e.g. complete), but now you con only turn the flag on or off. Why would you take away useful functionality?

837 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base