OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pinned messages do not show preview or sender

In the old outlook pinned messages would show the same things as a normal message, however now they just show the title. Now I have to open up each email to remind myself who it was from and what it was about...

472 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

85 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all, thanks for your feedback. We changed the pinned items to occupy less space so that you could still see new messages in your inbox even if you had a lot of pinned items.

We assumed that by pinning the items, you would know what the email was about so you’d need less information on the message.

We’ll track this item and figure out whether we want to change it in the future.

Colin

2. Pinned emails need Visual Prominence

In the old outlook, it was very prominent with a preview of the message. Now it just blends with all the other emails and is hard to distinguish as important. Edit design to make pinned emails pop out more.

202 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When printing out the calendar I would like the option to print out the detailed calendar like in the old outlook calendar, please.

When printing out the calendar I would like the option to print out the detailed calendar like in the old outlook calendar, please. With this new one I can't see all the details I need like in the old one.

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There is no GAL

No GAL showed up in the new Outlook.

334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. I’d like to reiterate that we are looking forward to making it possible for you to browser your global address list / directory when choosing recipients.

In the mean time, you’re already able to perform searches against the GAL/directory. By typing in the recipient textbox, a search query will be run against all sources, so you can find your recipients in this manner.

5. calendar font size on print out is too small

There are a few issues with the Calendar. As part of daily activities, I print out my daily calendar to keep track of my day.
    The calendar print out font is too small to read.
    Dark mode prints out with a black background which is not ideal for readability or use.
    There is no room for notes.

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone! Thanks for the feedback on this issue. While we look into options, I would like to suggest that folks try turning off the “mini-month” after selecting print. This is a checkbox on the bottom of our print form before the browser print form. Please let me know if this helps

6. Keyboard shortcuts in OWA (with gmail like setting) on Mac don't work

This is Vineet from Outlook Mobile Team at Microsoft. Marking emails as Read, Unread, Archive is one of the most used actions by me. I have setup gmail keyboard shortcuts in the latest OWA, but the shortcuts to mark an email as read/ unread doesn't work properly (I am on Mac OS).

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Feedback and Knowledge Base