OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. get rid of the suggestion box at the bottom of the email

the suggestion box is very distracting when you're are trying to do work. Like I'm already having trouble staying focused on my school work and I don't need more things distracting me. plus 99% of the time they don't work work what I'm trying to say

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Dislike]:New Message / Reply Cursor in BODY not TO

New Messages and replies place the cursor into the message body instead of the TO: field, which our users are finding to be irritating and not in keeping with the offline outlook defaults and experience.

The cursor should be in the TO: field as the usual workflow is to add emails, then possibly CC:, and Topic field... then the user clicks into the body.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Dislike]:spell check option- "add to dictionary"

outlook did the update to spell check and the option- "add to dictionary" is removed, this need to be added back its required urgently, due to option Ignore all is useless!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable clicking the Browse with Room finder option in Ootw Scheduling Assistant

Currently, Browse with Room finder option is unclickable and does not provide any room option if we click it when we try to add the conference room from Scheduling Assistant in Ootw calendar.
    We can select the option by using arrow keys and Enter key but using the keyboard every time is inconvenient. It would be great for our operation if we can click to use the Browse with Room finder option in Scheduling Assistant.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Suggested Reply - Eliminate text recommendations or make them opt-in only

Suggested words and phrases suddenly started appearing for me in my Outlook for web a few days ago without any prior communication or action on my part, and without my consent, either.

They are annoying and intrusive, and forcing them on me was presumptive, rude, and hateful.

I know exactly what I want to say and take great pride in my writing and my editing ability. When I want input from others, I will ask for it. I DO NOT NEED (NOR WILL I EVER WANT) SUGGESTIONS from an automated AI.

Please disable them and only make it an opt-in…

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re constantly trying to improve the quality of our features, but we realize not everyone finds them helpful.

To disable Text predictions:
    - Click the Settings button at the top of the page, then “View all Outlook settings”
    - Go to “Mail” → “Compose and reply”
    - Scroll to “Text predictions”
    - Clear the checkbox labelled “Suggest words or phrases as I type”

To disable Suggested replies:
    - Click the Settings button at the top of the page, then “View all Outlook settings”
    - Go to “Mail” → “Compose and reply”
    - Scroll to “Suggested replies”
    - Clear the checkbox labelled “Show suggested replies”

More information about these features can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-intelligent-technology-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-com-24b30683-8340-4b69-b8ac-4193ec528a70?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

6. How do I get rid of the "tab" that auto completes phrases? Its annoying and I do not know how it got there

How do I get rid of that annoying "Auto complete" tab that shows up in every document and e-mail I write

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for using OWA, and we apologize this feature isn’t meeting your expectations. We constantly listen to feedback to improve OWA to help increase productivity, so please continue providing it!

To disable this feature:
    - At the top of the page, select Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Compose and reply.
    -Under “Text predictions”, clear the “Suggest words or phrases as I type” check box.

You can find more information on this feature here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-intelligent-technology-in-outlook-on-the-web-and-outlook-com-24b30683-8340-4b69-b8ac-4193ec528a70

7. Make To field the default active field when creating a new email

When writing a new email, Outlook opens up a new email. The cursor briefly flashes in the To field and then jumps to the main message. You end up writing the recipient's email address in the main message not the To field. The cursor should not jump to the main message field.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Turn off Microsoft Editor

We should be able to turn off grammar and style suggestions for emails in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. You may turn off spelling, grammar, or writing refinement suggestions at any time while writing an email by:
    1) Selecting the “Editor” button at the bottom of the compose ribbon
    2) Click to select or deselect which suggestions you want to receive

Note: This option might be hidden under the “…” overflow for some users.

For more info, visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/check-spelling-grammar-and-clarity-in-outlook-com-and-outlook-on-the-web-c6b1283d-81a2-47f1-bc85-9e8dfc0cbf15

9. disable grammar control or multiple language

I would like to have the possibility to turn off the grammar conrol
    and
    also the grammar conrol only check 1 language. My outlook is in dutch, but I also reply in french. Thus when I write in french everything is showed as misspelled because it checks in dutch.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot paste from Google Sheets to Outlook

When copying from Google Sheets Excel to Outlook mail, only values can be pasted without any formatting.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an end meetings early option

I love the "end meetings early" feature recently introduced into Outlook desktop. Being able to end meetings 5-10 minutes short allows more time for travel or bathroom breaks for people who have back to back meetings. Can we have a similar feature in OWA?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features

"Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features" - why do I see this in the bottom-left corner of my screen? We're on M365 Business. Clicking the link directs me to buy O365 Home. Should I downgrade?

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Regarding Junk Folder

Remove the Notice/note on top of junk folder that says- Items in Junk folder will be deleted after 10 days. It does not fit to all kind of user. Specifically in O365 this general note does not reflect . Please remove the notice.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Outlook to create Teams meeting by default when you schedule a meeting

Possibility to select an option so that every meeting you schedule in outlook is a Teams meeting and contains the information to join
    This should be available for the user to configure but also for the admin to force for all users in the organization

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show "My Day" todo list on the "My Day" sidebar

Show "My Day" todo list on the "My Day" sidebar in calendar. Currently it shows tasks, but the Todos I've specifically categorized in "my day" in the TODO app don't show up here as a list.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want the Calendar page to be opened natively in the different tab

It would be great if the Calendar page could be opened in the different tab when clicking it, because now it opens in the same tab.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. All Day Cal events no longer scroll in Chrome

In the last week, the Office 365 calendar in Chrome browser has stopped scrolling through all day events.

Meaning we have 10 all day events listed, only 5 are displayed and we need to scroll down to see the other five 'all day' events for that day....and it suddenly stopped working.

I hadn't installed a Chrome update prior so assuming the issue was MS based.

Again, this is just scrolling through multiple 'all day' events at the top section of the calendar. Doesn't matter if view is in day, work week or week.

I installed Chrome update after this started…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop the auto response, answer, I can not look at it again.

Stop the auto response email response. Turn it off! Is there a way to turn it off. I do not want to see it again. I am not a robot.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Search function for GAL references on OWA

The ability to refer to GAL on OWA has been restored.

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/907141-the-new-outlook-on-the-web-office-365/suggestions/35965621-there-is-no-gal

However, it is very inconvenient for tenants with more than 50 people, even if they can refer to GAL but have no search function.

I just want the same functionality as the desktop Outlook.

I am confident that this request will be approved by many users.

Best Regards,

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Buggy as ****.

How do I report a bug? Outlook (web app) has become incredibly buggy since the latest update. This is NOT business class. This is amateur at best.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base