OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Direct link to Outlook Web App email

OWA or Outlook Web currently has a nice OneNote feature that copies the entire email to OneNote. However, this is not as scalable as getting a link to the email, since this only gives us a static copy of the email in OneNote. We need the ability to maintain links to certain emails, and more importantly, email threads, so that we can quickly review and possibly follow up with a response at a later date. The link to the email thread helps us organize these emails, as needed, in an external systems such as OneNote.

This is a huge productivity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Dislike]:Outlook stopped working on the Amazon Kindle

Recently Outlook stopped working on the Kindle Paperwhite. I can still access Outlook, but I can't view any of my e-mails or compose a new one. It also looks like there is some CSS missing. Previously Outlook on my Kindle appeared to be using some sort of legacy interface.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook is easy to understand, it is where Dilbert and his crew work

Outlook is easy to understand, it is were Dilbert and his crew work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Dislike]:Web Outlook Menu

Why do you make the menu on the Web version of Outlook so hard to use? What on earth is the purpose of making the web version of Outlook hard to use? Do you think having a poorly implemented menu will attract more users? I am no expert, but that just does not seem like a good plan. I strongly suggest you hire someone that actually uses the software to help with the menu organization. Alternatively, just hire someone with a brain.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To add the prefix or compellation on the recipient’s name

It would be great if we can automatically add prefix or compellation, and company name on the recipient’s name when creating a message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To avoid a conflict of booking a resource

When a calendar group book an event on the resource and send a meeting request email, we think that the booking had successfully made even if the resource has been already booked on the same time slot.
    To avoid this conflict, we want to have a blocker when booking a resource from the group calendar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Team up with Grammarly to check spelling, grammar and tone of emails on Outlook. This could really help with official emails.

Can you collaborate with a company like Grammarly to check not just spelling and grammar but also the tone of your emails on Outlook?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No-reply warning

Many automated services send mail from no-reply@some-example-service.org addresses, to which people accidentally answer all the time. In many cases the mails don't even bounce and the people wait for a reply that will never arrive.

Could we have a sending-mail-to-no-reply-address-warning just as we have an attachment reminder?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. [Suggestion]:past meeting in current email thread

About 2 weeks ago, a coworker started a thread based off of an existing and upcoming meeting. We're still in active discussion ont hat thread but the meeting that took place 1 week ago is still highlighted at the top. It's distracting and confusing UI. I'm using web-based outlook in FF. thanks.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Dislike]:Mail marked "not junk" now in inbox, but still has junk notification.

After I re-labeled an email "not junk", it was moved to my inbox folder from the junk folder. However, when I open up the message it still says at the top "(i) Label: Junk Email (30 days) Expires: Thu 9/172020 6:21 PM". I don't have the option to mark it as not junk, because I already did that. (I actually now have the option to mark it as junk.) So I'm pretty sure it's not actually still labeled is junk, but somehow the notification at the top wasn't removed when I moved the message out of the junk folder.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Suggestion]:Additional menu feature

Add "Remove Attachment" in drop down menu in OWA. The feature is currently available on Desktop Outlook, but makes for a great security addition to OWA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't provide messages without action to correct or deal with the content

Make your messages meaningful. There is no point telling the user something (e.g. this message has been encrypted) without providing information about the action required.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Standardize the visibility of icons on the file when it’s copied from OneDrive and when it’s uploaded from Ootw

We would like you to standardize the visibility of icons on the file which shared via a link of OneDrive and the one which shared with a copy of the link from Ootw. It’s the same file but one has a file icon and the other has cloud and file icon.

Both files are shared files from OneDrive, so we would like you to make them same icon (cloud icon).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search by user’s attribute when finding users to be added in the To line of mails

Add a feature to search by user’s attribute (manager, department chief, assistant manager, and so on) to find users to be added in the To line of mails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Control entering in To, CC, and BCC line per user in OWA

We would like to control entering in To, CC, and BCC lines per user in Outlook on the web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. [Suggestion]:Allow moving tasks to different calendar instead of default

When moving items from task list to calendar event, add it to a new calendar with a different color and not the existing
    calendar. Mark the time slot as free . So that even if you do assign time for task, you are able to accept calendar invites for the time. And this would also allow more flexible planning. Now I have to change the calendar every time I drag over a task from todo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a "go to folder" keyboard shortcut

I use hierarchical folder structure to organize my messages. Using the keyboard shortcut to move a message to a folder works fine, but if I want to navigate to that folder, I have to click my way through the folder tree.

It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut that can be used to jump directly to any folder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. [Dislike]:Collapsing Inbox structure

Inbox folder structure gets collapsed every time I e.g. go to Calendar and back to E-mail. The root "Inbox" item doesn't show a number of unread items, so to ensure that I have no unread e-mails, I have to expand the whole directory structure all over again.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable using POP account in Outlook on the web

I would like to add POP account and use it in Outlook on the web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Image alignment in a message gets corrupted in Outlook on the web

When I use Outlook on the web to open a draft message which was created in Outlook client, the image inserted in the message gets located in the different place. I would like the image in a message to be placed in the same location whether it’s opened via Outlook on the web or Outlook client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base