OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark mode settings for the Custom Office 365 Theme

Please allow customization of the dark mode of the custom theme.
    The dark mode works for all built-in themes now. However, you cannot modify the dark mode of the custom theme. The "Customize Office 365 for your organization" page only shows settings for the regular/bright mode.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Archive Calendar visibility in Outlook on Web

If user is enabled with Archive policy, then archived entries of calendar are not visible in OWA. The same is available in Outlook desktop app. Most of the users are comfortable with OWA, so it will be good if archive calendar is available in OWA. OR if we can exclude calendar entries from getting archived in Archive policy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding a Mailbox Rule for accepting meeting events

This is partially done by enabling the "Automatically accept or decline meeting requests." setting in the Calendars tab.

However, if there were a way to create a rule inside of the inbox that would automatically Accept/Tentatively Accept/Decline meetings entering the mailbox without needing to use VBA macros, it would provide users with a new tool to automatically deal with Online Meetings.

In the case of school systems, such a rule could be inforced with the Graph API allowing an administrator account to force classes into student calendars using events and attendees.

(source : https://theitbros.com/automatically-accept-meeting-requests-in-microsoft-outlook/)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unread first, read below

Hi,

This is my first time using outlook.office.com. Coming from Gmail, I liked that I could have my unread emails show up at the top of my inbox, and then have the read emails sorted by date below it. I see that you can filter by unread, but then you can't see the rest of your inbox.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. week numbers

Everyday I configure settings to show week numbers and the next day I have to do it again. It doesn't save my settings. Please help. Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Immediately reflect the changes on the room list DL group to the Outlook on the web calendar

Currently it takes about a week to reflect the changes on the room list DL group to Ootw calendar, such as adding or deleting meeting rooms in the DL group, changing the display name of the meeting room.
    It would be great if those changes can be reflected to the Ootw calendar immediately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. LinkedIn integration broken

The LinkedIn integration is broken even though its enabled in settings. I've tried repairing, completely reinstalling, creating a new profile. Deleting database OSK file and reimporting but it remains. LinedIn contact linking ONLY works on outlook.com not in the desktop client. It used to work a couple of months ago but is now gone.

Please fix this!
    Best regards

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Categories Disappearing

I'm finding that when a category is repeatedly added and removed from an email using the online Outlook interface, eventually (after 3-4 times?) the category simply doesn't get applied anymore. It will show on the email, but when you navigate to another folder and back it disappears. You can add it using the Microsoft Graph API, but the interface will no longer function for that particular email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Specify the preferred contact to be shown by default when opening Contacts in Outlook on the web

It would be great if we could specify the preferred contacts to be shown by default when Contacts is opened in Outlook on the web.
    It would be also great if we could specify default contacts when clicking To in the Compose mail window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vacation Event Type for Calanders

Vacation Event Type. A way to put vacations on a calendar so a team can see who is out on their calendars but won't block their ti
    me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase storage capacity for inbox rules in exchange online

Increase storage capacity for inbox rules in exchange online. 256 kB are not enough for our users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show all members in the detail view which pops up by selecting a group or DL in the To field in Outlook on the web

When I select a group or DL in the To field to see its details on the email creation window, we can only see some of the members in the group or DL. It would be great if all members are shown in the detail view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Location data of "Contacts" should be linked with "Search for a room or location"

When creating new meeting invitation in Outlook on the web, I believe that "Search for a room or location" is linked to Bing Map API.

However, not all companies and their offices are listed in Bing Map and I am not asking for Bing Map to do so.

Instead, I would like location information of each "Contacts" (not personal contacts, but "Contacts" that are added via Exchange Admin Center) to be listed in "Search for a room or location".

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show the recipients’ company name, the recipients‘ display name and his/her e-mail address when selecting recipients in the To field.

It would be great if you could implement a feature to show the recipient’s company name which has been registered in the contacts or personal contacts, recipient’s name and his/her email address in the To field when selecting recipients in Outlook on the web.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When you reply to an email with an image file in the body of the message in text format, the image file will be It is sent as it is inserted

When replying in text format to an email with an image file inserted in the body, the image file is not displayed in the "Message history", so I accidentally reply with the image file inserted.
    Therefore, we strongly request the function to check and delete the inserted image file when replying to an email with the image file inserted in the body in text format.

<日本語訳>
    本文に画像ファイルが挿入されているメールをテキスト形式で返信する際に、"メッセージ履歴" に画像ファイルが表示されないため、意図せず画像ファイルを挿入したまま返信してしまいます。
    そのため、本文に画像ファイルが挿入されているメールをテキスト形式で返信する際に、挿入されている画像ファイルの確認および削除できる機能を強く要望します。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow us to change the name of Directory in Contacts in Ootw

I would like to change the name of Directory in Contacts in Ootw.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Company common Business Card

It would be nice if the organization could create and set a common Business Card template (design) and set it as default for all people in company.
    This Business Card could be possible to use in the Web version of MS Outlook.
    Everybody in company should be able to print out this Card (multiple times (tiled) on paper)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inline Image to attachment

Add option to inline image to put it as attachment

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable saving on Drafts E-mails not sent

For DLP questions, some e-mails with certain attachment classification are being blocked, but, the e-mail is being saved on drafts, allowing to take the attachment from OWA.

I need an option to disable from saving e-mails that are not being sent on drafts

Note: I've already disabled "Automatically save items that have not been sent after this many minutes"

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hide the message “*** (Forwarder) has sent on behalf: *** (Organizer)” when forwarding a meeting item

When forwarding a meeting item, “ (Forwarder) has sent on behalf: (Organizer)” is shown in the Sender field. But, it would be great if you could implement a feature to hide this message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base