OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make To field the default active field when creating a new email

When writing a new email, Outlook opens up a new email. The cursor briefly flashes in the To field and then jumps to the main message. You end up writing the recipient's email address in the main message not the To field. The cursor should not jump to the main message field.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Dislike]:New Message / Reply Cursor in BODY not TO

New Messages and replies place the cursor into the message body instead of the TO: field, which our users are finding to be irritating and not in keeping with the offline outlook defaults and experience.

The cursor should be in the TO: field as the usual workflow is to add emails, then possibly CC:, and Topic field... then the user clicks into the body.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a setting for users to rebook the item if a day to book for a recurrent meeting falls on a holiday

If a day to book for a recurrent meeting falls on a holiday, it should be rejected automatically and enable us to rebook the item on another day.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could add such a setting.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features

"Upgrade to Office 365 with premium Outlook features" - why do I see this in the bottom-left corner of my screen? We're on M365 Business. Clicking the link directs me to buy O365 Home. Should I downgrade?

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To show the Office 365 group calendar to the user who doesn’t join in the group

Currently the Office 365 group calendar is disclosed only to the group members, but I want other users to see the group calendar as well. It would be great if I can let user see the group calendar without adding him to the group as a member.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pinned messages do not show preview or sender

In the old outlook pinned messages would show the same things as a normal message, however now they just show the title. Now I have to open up each email to remind myself who it was from and what it was about...

757 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey all, thanks for your feedback. We changed the pinned items to occupy less space so that you could still see new messages in your inbox even if you had a lot of pinned items.

We assumed that by pinning the items, you would know what the email was about so you’d need less information on the message.

We’ll track this item and figure out whether we want to change it in the future.

Colin

7. [Dislike]:spell check option- "add to dictionary"

outlook did the update to spell check and the option- "add to dictionary" is removed, this need to be added back its required urgently, due to option Ignore all is useless!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Read Receipts

Where is setting to have "Read" message receipts?

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable clicking the Browse with Room finder option in Ootw Scheduling Assistant

Currently, Browse with Room finder option is unclickable and does not provide any room option if we click it when we try to add the conference room from Scheduling Assistant in Ootw calendar.
    We can select the option by using arrow keys and Enter key but using the keyboard every time is inconvenient. It would be great for our operation if we can click to use the Browse with Room finder option in Scheduling Assistant.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My status always appears as "Away" when I use New Outlook.

Make status work as intended, and as it does on Old Outlook

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy and paste multiple email addressed

In the current version you copy and paste email addresses. it would be helpful to be able to do that in this update.

614 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto deletion or bulk deletion of items in Office 365 group mailbox when it no longer has enough capacity

It would be great if we could delete items in the O365 group mailbox at once by using item retention policy, or if items can be automatically deleted when the O365 group mailbox capacity is almost full. If the mailbox no longer has enough item capacity, we need to manually delete items or recreate the Office 365 group which is time consuming for us.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug displaying email from qq.com

When receiving email from qq.com , we start to see ? question marks in the mail for certain Chinese characters. Most likely the new outlook version does not use the default qq.com's gb18030 encoding method.

It was working before Jan 30th.

e.g. https://yq.aliyun.com/articles/476273

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Want to request recipients to share their calendar when sending the calendar sharing e-mail to them in Ootw

We can request recipients to share their calendar with the Share Calendar option in the Outlook client for semi-annual channel. So, it would be great if Ootw would have the similar requesting feature for the calendar sharing.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notification when other users edit event in a shared calendar

With the old Outlook Experience, you could ensure that any items added to a shared calendar by another person you were sent an email notification. The actual setting was "When someone updates an event or task on this calendar, send details of the change to:"

This seems to not be available with the new Outlook experience, or hidden somewhere that is not easy to find.

Could you please add this back in, as it is most useful for Shared Calendars, and available with other email/calendar services such as Google.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. TURN OFF PREDICTIVE TEXT IN OUTLOOK.

TURN OFF PREDICTIVE TEXT IN OUTLOOK.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Suggestion]:Microsoft Editor to check more than one language simultaneously

Similar to how Swiftkey can check spelling on more than one language. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have the option to have more formal or casual suggestions

It would be nice to have a choice between casual or formal ( I mean like a setting that you could change at anytime) because I noticed that some people want casual conversation starters but at the same time other people want more formal replies the reason I am suggesting this is because I am in school and if one of my teachers E-mail me something(like a link to a quiz) back I cant reply with something like " Gee thanks" but I also thought of the people who want something less formal something kind of like what's up or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Implement a transport rule to block emails or allow sending messages under the following conditions

To send and receive emails more efficiently, it would be great if you could implement a transport rule to block emails when external recipients are included in TO and CC, and allow sending messages when external addresses are included in BCC.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop the auto response, answer, I can not look at it again.

Stop the auto response email response. Turn it off! Is there a way to turn it off. I do not want to see it again. I am not a robot.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 501 502
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base