OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the initial setting of Exchange Online for mobile devices as disabled

As we don’t want users to use Exchange Online with mobile devices, we have to disable mobile devices whenever adding users. So, we would like you to implement a feature that could change the initial setting of Outlook on the web for mobile as disabled so that we are able to manage users more convenient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Approval request mails

If we are able to set the number of days for the approval mails or the day for checking the expiration for approval, it will be convenient to manage and easy to use the approval mails.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Want to select the meeting room from meeting room distribution groups or the address book when creating events by using the Outlook on the w

It would be great the calendar in Outlook on the web for mobile could allow us to select the meeting room from meeting room distribution groups or the address book when creating events like Outlook client can.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reminders Auto-Dismissing Problem

Dear Microsoft, This message is from our Business Administrator. I am strongly considering moving our growing organization to Google's G-Suite because of this issue. Please resolve and report back once done.

===

Outlook Web in the browser does not keep non-dismissed reminders listed in the "Reminders" box. For some non-logical reason, they fall off after a certain amount of time. There is no way to change this "auto-dismiss" setting, nor is it possible to find reminders that have been auto-dismissed, but not actually dismissed by the user.

I live by these reminders. Sometimes I'm very busy and cannot get to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Suggestion]:Return to message list/nothing in reading pane

Return to message list when you click the folder that you are currently in, or want to be in. Keep the reading pane empty until I select a message, and after I've deleted or replied to a message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need a cmdlet that can retrieve the calendar items corresponded desired keywords

We would like to have a cmdlet that can retrieve the calendar items which include the specific keyword in its location or the subject. For example, we would like to obtain the calendar items if its location has “Home” or its subject has “Out of Office” and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block showing other users’ calendar which has been moved to the online archiving

I would like to ask you to block showing other users’ calendar which has been moved to the online archiving. The archived calendar is shown in the left pane as ‘Display name or user name – online archiving – user’s email address’. This archived calendar will be automatically shown somehow even after we delete the calendar from the folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. [Dislike]:Sining in automtaically marks a mail read - I miss some mails because of this

When I sign in, a mail is automatically selected, and it is marked as read.

Usually I do not read that mail, but it is already marked as read!
    This makes me miss some of my mails!

With previous behavior no mail was selected after I signed in, I want that behavior back, but there is no such option in settings.

I want my mails to be set as read after I select them, but I do not want sign in to select any mail!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement a feature to control meeting room bookings in the mailbox setting when the shared mailbox is an organizer without removing full ac

Currently, the full access for the shared mailbox is given to all users for our operational reasons.
    Without removing the full access, it would be great if we could control meeting room bookings in the mailbox setting when the shared mailbox is an organizer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Suggestion]:Fix grammar check

Fix the grammar check. The word ACTUALLY is a clarifying word. Literally used to clarify. Your suggestions of "remove this word to clarify the statement" is the exact opposite of clarification.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Dislike]:One email always selected

A recent update to the web app made it so that there is always an email selected, and the delete, forward, archive, etc, buttons are always visible. Previously, the default upon exiting an email had nothing selected.

A combination of late nights and a touchscreen means that I have accidentally deleted several emails. I have immediately noticed this and recovered them, but it is an inconvenience and I worry about a time where I do not catch the mistake.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable searching other users’ calendar item without a sharing invitation

If I want to search other user’s calendar items, I need to ask him/her to send the calendar sharing invitation and accept it. This process is not convenient. So, it would be great if I can search other user’s calendar items without receiving and accepting the invitation if he is in the same tenant.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Implement a feature to retrieve logs of the Exchange Online calendar

Currently, we cannot retrieve logs of the Exchange Online calendar.
    However, we need to retrieve all calendar activities in Exchange Online.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could implement a feature to enable us to retrieve those activity logs as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Put auto reply (for out of office) but in the settings area so it's easy to access

Put automatic replies back in the settings drop down (rather than us now having to click on "view all settings") This is used often and should be easy to get to. You have made it more difficult, which makes no sense.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Location data of "Contacts" should be linked with "Search for a room or location"

When creating new meeting invitation in Outlook on the web, I believe that "Search for a room or location" is linked to Bing Map API.

However, not all companies and their offices are listed in Bing Map and I am not asking for Bing Map to do so.

Instead, I would like location information of each "Contacts" (not personal contacts, but "Contacts" that are added via Exchange Admin Center) to be listed in "Search for a room or location".

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show the email body in plain text

I would like to see the received email body in plain text in Ootw. We can see the e-mail body in plain text in the Outlook client, so it would be great if we could read emails in plain text in Ootw as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the behavior of viewing message items in the Inbox

I would like to see the item I have selected in the Inbox after I came back to the Inbox from some other folders. Currently if I see other folder once and back to the inbox again, it always shows the latest email in the Inbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. To be able to add equipment mailboxes in RoomList

I would like to be able to list up equipment mailboxes just like RoomList so that enables us to check if equipment mailboxes are available or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Dislike]:Folders close down to Inbox upon log off

All subfolders close down to the Inbox every time I sign out or close my browser. VERY INCONVENIENT. I have 35 folders and another 40 sub folders and sub-sub folders. I need to open up each one every time I sign in. No good. FYI: MS 365 is the ONLY webmail program I've ever used that does this. in fact, the Outlook Suite version installed on my laptop DOES REMEMBER folder tree settings. Please fix this. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Implement a feature that can identify the user who are using the dark mode

I would like you to implement an admin feature that can identify the user who are using the dark mode in Outlook on the web.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook on the web (Office 365)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base