OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified

I would like to see or obtain all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified. Because If we change the date or time for one of the recurrent event, it’s no longer treated as the recurrent item and we are not able to identify when the item has been changed by opening the original recurrent item.
    So, it would be great if we could see all events for the recurrent item including events whose date/time has been modified.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recover deleted outlook.com aliases

Users should have a period of time - a week would be enough for many people - to undelete aliases that were deleted from accounts (often by kids on xbox.) When an account is closed, users have 60 days to change their mind - they should have a similar option when aliases are deleted.

For an example of the problem this will solve, see this thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-was-deleted-while-my-son-was/2250b864-3712-4813-b736-e896e8146c25

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SAFE SENDERS BROKEN!!

Safe Senders all deleted and cannot save new ones!!

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not receiving specific emails

Not receiving emails from clientcare@agmedica.ca even though added to "safe sender" list

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mobile Hotmail slow and glitchy

Mobile version of Hotmail is very slow to load and is very glitchy - keeps freezing - when using on both Chrome and Safari. Not interested in using app as a work around.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Catch All email address for the personalized email address service

Looking to get a catch all email address feature. When we were with godaddy, they had this feature to catch all emails. Example, if email is addressed to richie@domain.com, it was misspelled by the sender and typed in richee@domain.com, we want it to go in to catchall@domain.com. Of info and the typed ifno@domain.com, we want to retain that to our catchall@domain.com email address.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable DKIM for Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family mailboxes with a personalized email address

The Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family subscription has a premium option which allows you to use your own email domain.
    However, there is no option to enable the DKIM security measure in the premium interface for your own personalized email addresses / own email domain.
    Without DKIM, outgoing email often ends up in the recipient's Spam folder, because the mail is not signed and authenticity can not be verified.

Can you enable the option to enable/configure DKIM in the outlook.com UI for Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family subscribers?
    (just like you enabled the personalized email addresses…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Folders ... Folders ... Folders !

More the time goes, more you add folders without giving the user the ability to inhibit/control them. How about in the Advanced settings, a section specially for the Folder Settings ? ... would be definitely great. Thank you for your understanding.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Advertising microsoft mobile app in junk mail

Why do you make me skip your ad for microsoft mobile app between every junk email. 50 times a day I have to skip your sales ad. If I wanted it I would have gotten it already. Going to make me switch everything to my gmail after using hotmail since 1998.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folders on top

I use my email to do email. I never use it to look for files. Why would I want a list of Files at the top of the screen? Why are my actual email folders (you know, like my Inbox) hidden below this? I close the Files list but, of course, will have to close it again next time and every time. I understand I could simply look below the file list, but I shouldn't have to. This is stupid interface design choice. What comes next? Putting my Junk folder above Inbox?

The Favorites list is on top, but that's…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Process customers hotmail rules before built-in junk mail filters

This has been suggested, but has not been implemented. It's fine that you want to minimize junk by filtering it out to the junk folder, but this also prevents user rules from being effective. I want to DELETE any/all emails with keywords KETO or CBD. When you move them to the JUNK folder, it precludes my ability to delete. Don't override user's rules just because you process them first. Process user's rules, and if they aren't processed, THEN you can apply your built-in filters. PLEASE ACT ON THIS QUICKLY. It has been suggested long ago and is about time to…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. strict inbox, most good email in junk, gets deleted in 10!?

So email that I delete from junk stays in the deleted folder. But email that is automatically deleted from junk after 10 days cannot be retrieved in the deleted items folder, which has resulted in me losing important emails. I keep inbox strict, so most of my mail starts in junk, and then I place it in the inbox or folders as required. Now if I am on a 2 week holiday and miss opening junk email I would have lost 4 days of email by the time I would check. So either allow us to set time for junk…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop leaking Primary address when sending from Alias

Remove Primary email address from the email headers when sending from a verified Alias. This leak of information removes most of the reason for having an Alias in the first place.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GoDaddy will never get a dime from me

Please allow domains from registrars other than GoDaddy to use personalized domains. I would like to switch from GSuite but not remotely enough to use GoDaddy for my domain registrar. There should be no technical limitations here, because it's all just assigning MX records with the registrar. I'm sure you have some sort of business deal with them but it is ludicrous that I am barred from this service because I do not use (and never will use) GoDaddy.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. template

Why are templates restricted to 32mb in MS Outlook? Can this limit be increased? Is there some kind of extension that can be used with MS Outlook to allow numerous email templates? I really need the functionality of template. Using signature for this purpose is problematic because you cannot employ multiple signatures in an email, so I need to use templates.

Any insight is most welcome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. print email

the email not showing the sender info in print email

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Block Junkmail by subject and/or keywords

I think you should allow blocking junk mail by subject/and or keywords as well as sender

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. get rid of "suggestions" for attachments...

how do I stop "suggestions" for attachments? Not useful. Clutter menu and distract...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How do you turn of the new file feature

I want to be able to turn off the new file feature. I don't want my attachments to be randomly selected and displayed. This is not convenient it is an a privacy issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default Safe Senders

DEFAULT SAFE SENDERS
    I would like to see everyone on my contact list automatically be added to my safe sender list. If they weren’t safe I wouldn’t have them set up as my own contacts. This should be the default in the system.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base