OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email Headers not Parse-able from View Message Source

The "View Message Source" function in the Outlook.com browser web app modifies the original Email Headers of a message and makes them impossible for header parsing tools to read the headers of the message correctly. This current view folds all of the white space and makes other formatting changes to render the full header un-parse-able by tools like https://mxtoolbox.com/emailheaders.aspx.

Please modify the "View Message Source" to display the un-modified version of the full email headers so that it can be easily copied and pasted into an RFC parser and be readable by the parser.

p.s. If you double click…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Not received email

I have not received 2 validation emails from Live Journal blog. It may be held by an intermediary.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Insane amount of spam from same sender

Non stop spam emails from support@*.de and unable to block via Rule

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Deliver messages from blocked senders in the Junk Email folder as well as redeem the Quarantine message action configured list via spam filt

I would like messages from blocked senders to be delivered in the Junk Email folder with the Quarantine message action redeemed at the same time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. spam craigslist-dating.appspot.com

@craigslist-dating.appspot.com - need to have any emails from this company blocked. 50+ emails a day. I can't block it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. print email

the email not showing the sender info in print email

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar updates

I don't like what's just changed in Outlook Calendar. I used to enjoy dragging and dropping events from one day to another. Is this gone? Please bring it back. It was very useful, Thanks.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Block option

Could you please add the option "Block" by default for every email received?
    That's a very efficient way to fight spam

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spammer using my e mail address AND Blocks not working and

Scammer.

1. Specific Issue

I keep getting a scammer using my e mail address to send bogus FEDEX e mails to me asking for my postal address details. How do i stop them?

1. VERY IMPORTANT

Why do you only block specific e mail addresses and not the @***.co section as i am repeatedly getting the same spam e mails but with the sender just chaning part of the leading part of the e mail address e.g. 1 digit or character, as a result the blocks do not work

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Account recovery

Please expand the account recovery form to include more questions, & thus more chance to recover an old account. Questions like "(apprimately) when was the account made", "(appr.) when did you last login", "from which email accounts did you receive emails" and "to which accounts was your email linked" would be helpful. I know the last two are less reliable, but maybe make them 'weigh' less importance to compensate. And maybe allow for a 5~10% window on the "when" questions if theyre more than 2 months ago.
    Lastly, it would be really nice if it were possible to speak to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cannot block multiple spam emails at once

This seems like it should be a simple fix. There is clearly a massive issue with the amount of spam that is sent and the amount of spam that gets to recipients. While it is probably useless to try to block sender accounts because they will simply change a few characters and keep sending away, for hotmail to not bother having the option to block multiple spam emails at once seems to be willful ignorance to the problem, or laziness as to not implement a solution. If there are legitimate reasons to as to why the issues is still not…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Recover deleted outlook.com aliases

Users should have a period of time - a week would be enough for many people - to undelete aliases that were deleted from accounts (often by kids on xbox.) When an account is closed, users have 60 days to change their mind - they should have a similar option when aliases are deleted.

For an example of the problem this will solve, see this thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-was-deleted-while-my-son-was/2250b864-3712-4813-b736-e896e8146c25

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No logout

Log Out does not show in drop down box - I have to exit by hitting the Outlook address block which still leaves me signed in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spell check in Outlook

Spell check used to be available in other ealier Outlook versions. Why not now?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rules do not work

Cannot run rules after editing. You update the rule then try to run it and nothing happens. Tried using check box while saving a rule, tried to click run button - nothing. Well, in this was rules are useless if you cannot update them through time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Emails Disappeared (when moving from Junk Email to Focused Inbox)

The mails disappear when moving from Junk Email to Focused Inbox. Those mails are important and not Junk! Please recover them!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No way to sign-out, no Help icon in Outlook.com (even after a couple of months)

Sign-out and Help cannot be accessed in Outlook.com website in Mail and Calendar, except under People. Is this a bug? How do I sign out of Outlook.com?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base