OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

Inbox reading pane flashes on and off!

The reading pane contents continuously flash on and off which is very annoying. I'm using Windows XP and had the same problem with the beta version. For that reason I stopped using it and want the old version back! Also while the inbox list refreshes the top add delete button moves over so that the add can accidentally be clicked on. Also a very annoying little trick.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • S R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to clarify Firefox 52.9 is the last supported 3rd party browser version for Windows XP SP3. On Desktop PC, in my setup, I see 3 columns for outlook email (preview pane is off). Moving the mouse between the 3 columns (folder list,mail item list, and advert columns) causes the mail item list to be erased and rebuilt takes about 2 secs, the same thing happens moving mouse up and down the mail item list. This is backward compatibility bug as rebuilding list is not needed - I am just moving up or down focussed on subject text. Is there any workaround to stop this insane madness.

Sometimes viewing mail item displays for one second and the content goes away. Close mail item and open it again and it is fine. I know you can write backward compatible code it just disable what ever the feature that is not supported for this older browser. These two minor bugs just drive you insane :-)

(Please do not say upgrade you OS I already know that I just need outlook to play nice with an older Chrome or Firefox - this system is for running legacy apps.)

• Kenneth Gonick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you PLEASE stop my screen from flickering. It absolutely drives me nuts when I try to click on a link.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook is not working, emails is scrolling through various programs ie Office, outlook, putting up blank screens, flashing, emails disappearing, The system is too complex IT Is Not Working

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a terrible new version. My inbox flashes continuously and it takes me three clicks to get through to an email. It is so frustrating. I've started giving my other email out to companies that I actually want to do business with because Hotmail has become so frustrating.

The new Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base