OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow custom domains to be Primary Accounts when using custom domains and don't force people to have to change their primary accounts

With the change from the old Premium outlook.com to the O365 subscription based service for custom domains, you have removed the ability to use personal (custom domain) users as Primary Accounts - this is a totally retrograde step and is a massive pain when users who have had very reliable and coherent setups using their custom domains are having to change their Primary Account settings - with all the impacts this has across devices and their user experience!

Microsoft need to reinstate the ability to have custom domain accounts as the Primary Accounts even when using outlook.com with custom domain…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable "Recover deleted items"

You could allow us to not see this link. Every other option has button only, why this link in the top? I just want to empty my deleted folder without seeing links. Tks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 'Safe Senders' link to Junk Email

Add "Safe Senders" link to Junk Email.
    I receive junk email that is actually useful. I block junk and/or report phishing scams., neither of which is entirely effective. Please add a link other than "This is not spam" because its use is only temporary and applies to the single email (in my experience).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. mark as read button on notifications instead o ARCHIVE or give option or choose between these two ARCHIVE or READ

Why we have to open the email to mark them as read. I'm sure 90% people don't use archive on Android notifications. Many other Popular apps including myMail, Yandex mail, Yahoo etc. have it. Please add MARK AS READ instead of ARCHIVE.

This has been asked since 2016 and with 10000+ votes but seems like outlook team don't see it useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove ad for "Get Outlook on your phone for free"

Remove ad for Outlook mobile. I'm unable to use your mobile app because you route my companies username/password through a third party server rather than directly from my phone to our corporate mail server. Even after uninstalling, it took TWO MONTHS and 12 EMAILS to stop your third party server from attempting to use my credentials to access our corporate mail server. Now seeing this ad for it non-stop in my premium subscription outlook.com account makes my blood boil.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. phishing email in quarantine

Recent change to Exchange Online should be an option to Opt-in.
    MC200232, is being implemented and allows for phishing emails to be visible in users quarantine. I don't see a way we can configure this 'not' to have phishing emails land in quarantine (completely invisible to users).

Organizations should be able to determine if they want this configured this way. Many of our users move items from Junk/Quarantine to the Inbox in order to make the decision for themselves.

https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#MessageCenter?id=MC200232

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't delete an email folder

Can't delete an email folder. The filter don't give you that option even when the folder is empty!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. how do I close "Apps" and get back to regular Inbox?

I clicked on Apps by mistake and now cannot close "Files" to get back to my regular Inbox with emails. What an awful "New" thing you have done!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show/Hide Email Addresses

Make on option to show/hide the sender's full email address below their name without having to open the message.

Add a toggle switch that will show/hide the full email addresses. Having to mouse-over a contact and wait a second or two to view the alt text is no good.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Urgent] Add the ability to 'Mark as phishing' without opening emails

Add the ability to 'Mark as phishing' without having to view the email, also add the option to 'Mark as phishing' on the windows 10 mail client which doesn't appear to have the option at all (as it is meant to be for the common good).

It is really annoying that you have to open an email you already know is fake just to report it and potentially runs the risks of some technologies like web beacons harvesting information.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Your email really suck. i can't close the account

I can't close the account without giving phone number WHICH I DID NTO NEED TO SIGN UP... so i won't close it. you can keep it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. calendar notifications shared calendar

Be able to disable calendar notifications on a per calendar notification, rather than an all or nothing approach. My colleague shared his calendar with me and so suddenly I received all of his calendar notifications as well as my own, which is not ideal.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a new access to do certain things in the mailbox calendar

I would like you to add a new access for users to do all the certain actions below in the mailbox calendar:
    add own schedule in the mailbox calendar directly, block double booking, modify exclusive event that he/she created, delete the event that he/she created.
    Or it would be great to have a method to set the above actions for users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Schedule an email

Allow me to Schedule an email as I can in your mobile application.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix phishing button

The Outlook phishing function should either be deleted or linked to expanded blocking capacity, because it doesn't appear to do anything useful, now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extend retention duration of junk email

As spam filtering is not 100% efficient and legitimate emails fall into the Junk folder, I'd like to extend the duration of the retention of junk email from 10 days to 90 days (or user-configurable) so that important email does not get scrapped.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Leave Blocked emails as blocked.

Please stop putting the entire list of Junk mail for the month on. I delete all mine and block them, why are they then showing in their hundreds each time I log. The new Outlook is very bad and should be put back to the original one, so called progress is not always good!!!

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Junk Email Folder

Junk Email folder - who decides what is 'junk' and how? I have recently had messages about insurance renewal, banking, and medical appointments all sent to the Junk Email folder because 'someone or something' simply decides that they are not relevant. However other **** in which I have absolutely no interest seems to appear in my Inbox. I suggest your algorithm that decides what is what needs some serious reworking.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base