OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. find related messages in this conversation available for outlook web app

"Find related messages in this conversation" available for outlook web app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. phishing

outlook.live has become worse and worse at filtering out phishing attempts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter Emails by Date

The Search results appearing in the latest update are not filtering Newest on Top by date. The email is not in the order. It would be nice if its working good as before the update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop leaking Primary address when sending from Alias

Remove Primary email address from the email headers when sending from a verified Alias. This leak of information removes most of the reason for having an Alias in the first place.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the follow-up reminder to recipients even if they deleted the flagged e-mail

A sender can send a flagged email to recipients, but if the recipients delete the flagged e-mail, the follow-up reminder won’t be popped up to the recipients.
    So, I would like to show the follow-up reminder to recipients even if they deleted the flagged e-mail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. template

Why are templates restricted to 32mb in MS Outlook? Can this limit be increased? Is there some kind of extension that can be used with MS Outlook to allow numerous email templates? I really need the functionality of template. Using signature for this purpose is problematic because you cannot employ multiple signatures in an email, so I need to use templates.

Any insight is most welcome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. print email

the email not showing the sender info in print email

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. get rid of "suggestions" for attachments...

how do I stop "suggestions" for attachments? Not useful. Clutter menu and distract...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How do you turn of the new file feature

I want to be able to turn off the new file feature. I don't want my attachments to be randomly selected and displayed. This is not convenient it is an a privacy issue.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Default Safe Senders

DEFAULT SAFE SENDERS
    I would like to see everyone on my contact list automatically be added to my safe sender list. If they weren’t safe I wouldn’t have them set up as my own contacts. This should be the default in the system.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mail merge using Outlook in Microsoft 365

I frequently need to mail merge emails and do so easily from the office using Word and Outlook. Currently working from home, I'm unable to do it using the web mail version of my account. Instead I BCC, which results in messages being bounced, blocked and junked.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow custom domains to be Primary Accounts when using custom domains and don't force people to have to change their primary accounts

With the change from the old Premium outlook.com to the O365 subscription based service for custom domains, you have removed the ability to use personal (custom domain) users as Primary Accounts - this is a totally retrograde step and is a massive pain when users who have had very reliable and coherent setups using their custom domains are having to change their Primary Account settings - with all the impacts this has across devices and their user experience!

Microsoft need to reinstate the ability to have custom domain accounts as the Primary Accounts even when using outlook.com with custom domain…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop asking for my phone number!!!

Stop asking me for my phone number!!!!!!This seems to be something new and I can't check any mail while this ******* bizarre page appears. Stop it!!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. whitelist

Suggestion: add "whitelist" to the MS Outlook vocabulary with a link to the explanation of "safe sender" so it can be found more easily when using Help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove the “add gmail account” option

Please allow premium users to disable the “add gmail account” logo/button. I don’t use it and do not want to lose the screen space.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Server rules don't work over large Inboxes

I've described this in detail here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-ocleanup/trying-to-move-300000-old-emails-from-inbox-to/f20527c4-221b-4a30-89fa-3b3374bce9cd.

Due to bad email migration software, I ended up with an Inbox with 20 years of email and more than 350,000 emails in my Inbox. I have tried endless ways to move most of them to the Archive folder, either using the Outlook desktop client or using server inbox rules as detailed on the link without success.

The server inbox rule approach looked promising with a date period, but I have found when run over large date periods, it runs for a long time (and seems to affect outlook.com performance adversely) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Left Pane items

Dear, I just LOVE Outlook and would certainly not want to change to another mail provider! Had Hotmail/Outlook since the beginning and planning on continuing! Yet, to be completely satisfied, I would like to submit the following issue:
    Left Pane items: I would like to be able to select whether or not "Files", "Groups", "Archive", "Notes", "Conversation History", "Feeds", etc appear (as I DON'T use them and they take unnecessary space, plus they are annoying). If not possible to remove the "Files" and "Groups" items, could they AT LEAST have a function to STAY COLLAPSED (also really annoying to have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Calling this feature a chat session is a misnomer. Typing problems that are not addressed there and then is not chatting

Calling this feature a chat session is a misnomer. Typing problems that are not addressed there and then is not chatting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. back arrow

back arrow doesn't work? works within msgs, but not 'from' msg to inbox list of msgs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Logout of all other sessions button

A button which allows one to logout of all other devices easily. Gmail does this automatically upon changing your password, for example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base