OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply Suggestions

Reply suggestions are not showing up in a new message window. Would be helpful if they even show up when the message is opened in separate window.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Terms of Service

For simple people, Rethinking Terms of Service and Privacy Statement

My name is Matthew M (yes, real name). :) I live in a ranch house in South Dakota. In our world today, who doesn't use an email address, or the internet, to receive a service as a consumer? I am concerned with the way companies -online in particular- go about the topic of- user terms of service and privacy agreement. I am hope my concern is shown to be genuine, from the heart, and with compassion :) I recently posted to Amazon. But it is equally applicable to outlook/Microsoft, so,…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New feedback

My contacts are not showing up on my iPhone or MacBook. I've added the account as an outlook.com account and an exchange account and its not working. still empty..

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update makes this useless as a primary email for me

I don't want to select "everything in this folder" I want to select a day, or week, or month. This change makes it impossible to mass delete only recent emails, making this useless. I'm going to have to change my primary email for the first time in 20 years

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. email

signature business card attachment area is needed we could do this in the old email and I can do it on outlook can you add the attachment area to load a business card for our emails thanks in the online outlook

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. End this email separation ****!!!

I need a workaround on MS separation of my emails into two (or more categories). This is dysfunctional for me as a user. I don't want emails separated for unknown and unknowable reasons by your algorithm which seems to change daily. The separated emails cannot be scrolled through, and this takes times I would rather not spend when checking my email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. finished button for group of emails like inbox by google

A finished button like inbox by google, i would also like to sort by sender and then be able to group it and uncollapse all emails so you just have senders showing, rather than 500 emails where 200 are from one adress, so you can move that group of emails or make rules for them

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. quick forward

add 'forward' to the quick setting in message so I don't have to go to the beginning of the message to forward it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Error in messages sent to me blocking me from updating my password, or finding the current password.

I tried to open two accounts for my parents for them to get their ancestry DNA information. I will be the manager of both accounts, since they are in the 80s. I got my father's done quick and easy, then made a mistake after getting the account set up for my mom as was creating her password. It told me to get the password, I need to know information about the last email I sent on the account. PROBLEM - No emails were ever send from this account, since I was in the middle of creating it. How can I…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please fix

I cannot cut/copy/paste in Outlook email (Hotmail).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bcc

Why oh why doesn't Outlook HELP explain BCC - ie a proper explanation by Microsoft, instead of my having to wade through queries raised by other people - which may or may not have been answered.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User login widget is just completely missing in IE????????

Account menu widget (upper right corner) missing in IE11!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft agent rated herself five stars while on remote control, did not let me do it

The agent on today's chat session stayed on remote control and rated herself a five star. the service was three stars tops. she was rude

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide option to permanently disable the "remind me" option.

Having notifications appear on my phone constantly because an entry in the calendar is coming up is immensely annoying.
    I don't need to know about every entry, i may already be at the place the reminder is telling me about. the option should be opt in, not opt out, or have the ability to be switched off as default.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The line "to:" get deleted if you switch between emails.

If you tab between 2 emails like one in your folder sended and your open new email and you entered the email adresse where the new email have to go, it will become empty if you tab back to the old email (as example, you wanna copy the content but send to a other person with little changes) and then back to the new, the field "to:" is always empty if you switch between emails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BIG Problem with auto add events to calendar

Yesterday an 'appointment' reminder came up that was added to my calendar automatically that was a scam bill paying email!!! I immediately turned off the auto add appointments feature but am concerned about the ability for scammers to get into my calendar now!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Calendar version problems

I'm sure that you have gotten TONS of complaints about the new version of Calendar. What are you doing to fix all the problems??!! In many cases you have made it more difficult to do the simplest things. To set a Calendar e-mail reminder, I now have to do about 3-4 steps on two different windows when before, everything was all in one place. And you STILL have not added back the function to set multiple Calendar e-mail reminders. DO SOMETHING NOW!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automated calendar event from email

Automatic email generated calendar events went mad and created +40 events for asingle email. I cannot delete them in this slow Outlook system.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Breaking change to emails sent from gmail

Outlook adding a newline after first word in each paragraph in emails sent from Gmail via copy/paste from google doc. Worked perfectly fine for the last 2 years. Is not a google change as previously sent emails are showing this odd formatting now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add a way to select multiple Events and to drag/drop them elsewhere.

Please add a way to select multiple Events and to drag/drop them elsewhere.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base