OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem since last update

I have my settings set for it to open in a new tab instead of a new window when I click on a link. Ever since the latest update, sites that in the past had always opened in a new tab, are now opening in a new window instead. And that new window does not have any menu item up in the top.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View Attached Word Documents

Email should allow me to view attached word documents. (like it used to!)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DEFAULT VIEW OF THE DRAFT FOLDER

Once I read an email I move from inbox to the draft folder if I choose to keep the email. The DRAFT folder is now defaulted to show 'receiver' in the left column hence all I can see is my name in each and every email. I like to change this column to 'sender' but I could not find any facility to edit this.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Navigation arrows problem in outlook.

Since the new windows update, the navigation arrows in outlook (upper right) are hard to use since the area to activate is below the arrow and very small vertical height;. Not how you would expect. Hard to use even when I now understand the problem.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. from unwanted to inbox

my created rules are not saved and emails that should be in the inbox are not moved to inbox from the unwanted even after I create a rule. Thank you

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Convoluted interface

New interface for webmail is a little confusing. It'd be pretty cool to have a "View all mail" feature.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BUG

FIX
    I decided to to move 416 emails with the word 'Amazon' into a folder I created labelled AMAZON. I performed a search for the word 'Amazon' and I received 250 results. I drag and drop them into my newly created folder. I'm now under the impression I have moved all my emails because what I see in front of me is 'No more email found'. I perform the same search again in Inbox and I get 216 new results. You can see how this is not intuitive to everybody. The only reason I suspected more emails existed was the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Moving all inbox and future emails to a folder

Sometimes when Moving all emails to one folder, it's not moving the inbox emails to the folder.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Attached files

It is impossible to visualize the attached files with this new form of visualization.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. slide with mouse on email to delete or archive like in android outlook application

slide with mouse on email to delete or archive like in android outlook application

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Confusing colour scheme

Currently Outlook uses the same colour for a pinned message as the currently selected message. This is very confusing as it is not clear which message is currently selected.
    It would be better to use a different highlight other then colour to highlight currently selected email.
    Suggestion: Highlight currently selected email using bold text and or a box outline around the message.
    Using too many similar colours is confusing.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I don't want the responses I have received to be included when I forward an origial email.

How do I send an original email to a new person and NOT include the responses I have received from others?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open Table Reservations

Hello! I recently made reservations on Open Table and it was automatically linked to My Calendar (which is great!). However, I am not able to switch which calendar the reservation is listed under. The reservation came in under "My Calendar" but I do not share that one with my wife so she is unable to see the reservation without me sharing it. I think that I should be able to change the calendar that the reservation is listed under so that it automatically shows up on the calendar that we share.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom time

If I want to enter an appointment that spans more than one day, but is supposed to have specific times (rather than all day appointments), I need a million clicks to enter it (deselct "all day", click in the time box, click on custom, add the times)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Appointment not changable by dragging handles

If I change an existing appointment by dragging the handles (changing the time), it doesn't save it and gives me an error message.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Email Reply Exceeding Limit

When email thread exceeds server supported size, last reply give generic message and fails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Problem with MMS text images received in Hotmail

Images from AT&T MMS text messages do not display when sent to a @hotmail.com address (@outlook.com works fine). It appears the service sends the images as "inline" when sent to a @hotmail.com address, but as "attachment" when sent to @outlook.com address. The "inline" images fail to display correctly in the Message UI. However, if I select "Forward", then the images shows up! Why are the "inline" images not displaying?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Seperation of email time period rows

Could the Font color used for the words in the Outlook email rows that seperate emails for 'Today' 'Yesterday', 'This Month' and 'Older' be changed (say to Red), so these words/seperations are easier to see?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Type name@ and then paste domain name does not work.

Outlook, New message, In the "To" box, type something like "name@" (without quotes). With the text input cursor behind "@", try to paste a domain name like "example.com".

What you get: the paste content, which is NOT a valid email address, gets treated like it's a valid contact. You are not allowed to paste the domain name after "@".

What should happen: pasted domain name should be appended after the typed content "name@" and form a valid email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I WANT TO EMAIL BOX!

I JUST want to go to mailbox instead microsoft account! I cannot find this option at all!? PLEASE, HELP!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base