OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default Safe Senders

DEFAULT SAFE SENDERS
    I would like to see everyone on my contact list automatically be added to my safe sender list. If they weren’t safe I wouldn’t have them set up as my own contacts. This should be the default in the system.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add scheduled emails feature. This feature is long overdue.

Please add scheduled emails feature. This feature is long overdue.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Emails in RULES sent to JUNK folder, repeatedly.

If an email has a rule, "move the email to a folder" why does the JUNK filter continuously dump them into the junk folder? How much code does it take to "check the rules" before "engaging junk engine?"

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop leaking Primary address when sending from Alias

Remove Primary email address from the email headers when sending from a verified Alias. This leak of information removes most of the reason for having an Alias in the first place.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GoDaddy will never get a dime from me

Please allow domains from registrars other than GoDaddy to use personalized domains. I would like to switch from GSuite but not remotely enough to use GoDaddy for my domain registrar. There should be no technical limitations here, because it's all just assigning MX records with the registrar. I'm sure you have some sort of business deal with them but it is ludicrous that I am barred from this service because I do not use (and never will use) GoDaddy.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Agenda pane options

Please allow me to switch "Agenda Pane" on or off in "Settings." I know a lot of people like it but I don't use it and it makes my calendar too narrow. It is especially annoying when it opens just to tell me I don't have anything going on that day. I am smart enough to read my calendar and figure that out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block Junkmail by subject and/or keywords

I think you should allow blocking junk mail by subject/and or keywords as well as sender

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. back arrow

back arrow doesn't work? works within msgs, but not 'from' msg to inbox list of msgs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need the 'block' junk button when viewing on mobile (not just app or desktop site).

Need the 'block' junk button when viewing on mobile (not just app or desktop site).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not received email

I have not received 2 validation emails from Live Journal blog. It may be held by an intermediary.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple Calendar Reminders

I am looking at Office 365 as a viable alternative to Google Apps. One of the most useful features of Google Calendar is that I can have multiple reminders specified. So for instance my default is to receive a reminder 2 weeks ahead, 1 week ahead, 2 days ahead and 2 hours ahead.

I can only see an option for one reminder on the Office 365 calendar and can't see how to add more. This is a serious omission. A basic calendar requirement in my opinion.

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. safe sender list

Put the safe sender list on top of the outloo.com website. Reason this item is a setting and I am sure it is used often. The item itself is very hidden. To find it, one must use help and enter : find safe sender lsit.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What happened to blocking domains automatically

There was a great feature that let you choose to block the entire domain when you chose to block an email. This was great because I used to have to go through the blocked senders list one by one adding the bad domains. I thought it should have been expanded so that if you chose to block a domain, it automatically deleted all emails from that domain that was in your mailbox.

Instead of expanding the functionality, it looks like it has been removed. Bring back the option to flag email as Junk, block it, choose to block the domain,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Block email address containing emoji character

Spammer email address includes emoji character which stops them from being added to my contacts and/or blocked.

Example of spammer: CBNl.🎈@ee-business.com

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include the use of emojies in rules

Give me the ability to use emojis within rules in all conditions and instances. Thees scammers have become creative; using emojis to generate an unlimited supply of phishing email addresses. I'd like to move every email from every email address (using emojis) to my "deleted" folder

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recover deleted outlook.com aliases

Users should have a period of time - a week would be enough for many people - to undelete aliases that were deleted from accounts (often by kids on xbox.) When an account is closed, users have 60 days to change their mind - they should have a similar option when aliases are deleted.

For an example of the problem this will solve, see this thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/my-hotmail-account-was-deleted-while-my-son-was/2250b864-3712-4813-b736-e896e8146c25

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically add a Teams call to each new meeting in Outlook

This may be more appropriate feedback for Exchange, but it would be great for inclusion if there were a policy available to automatically add a Teams call to each new Outlook invite. Meeting organizers could remove the call in rarer cases where it's inappropriate to be able to join remotely, and fewer folks would forget to add a call because it is done automatically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Difficulty signing out

I have a terrible time signing out. I click on my picture about 50 times and "sign out" every time lately. A pop up interrupts. Why??

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. outlook premium

I was an Outlook Premium subscriber for years. So disappointed that I can not renew my Outlook Premium without getting Office 365. I DO NOT need Office. I just need an ad-free Outlook mail. Hope it will be offered again in the near future before I take my mail elsewhere.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want to have a list to view the items which has retention tag assigned

I would like to use Outlook client or Office 365 features to see which retention tag is currently applied to items in case that I would like to change the retention tag for the item.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base