OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Process customers hotmail rules before built-in junk mail filters

This has been suggested, but has not been implemented. It's fine that you want to minimize junk by filtering it out to the junk folder, but this also prevents user rules from being effective. I want to DELETE any/all emails with keywords KETO or CBD. When you move them to the JUNK folder, it precludes my ability to delete. Don't override user's rules just because you process them first. Process user's rules, and if they aren't processed, THEN you can apply your built-in filters. PLEASE ACT ON THIS QUICKLY. It has been suggested long ago and is about time to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it possible to import 100s of contacts from iCloud into Outlook

make it possible to import 100s of contacts from iCloud into Outlook

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Emails in RULES sent to JUNK folder, repeatedly.

If an email has a rule, "move the email to a folder" why does the JUNK filter continuously dump them into the junk folder? How much code does it take to "check the rules" before "engaging junk engine?"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Block Junkmail by subject and/or keywords

I think you should allow blocking junk mail by subject/and or keywords as well as sender

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notes in web view

Finally we can see our notes in outlook.com web view but it is not possible to add new note in here. Calendar, tasks, contacts all nice. The only missing item is Notes here in the web view. It is very important for all people like me to prefer outlook.com web platform rather than Outlook client.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Too Many Redirects" message and I must shut down and restart my computer

I keep getting the message "Too many redirects" when I try to exit the Microsoft Spam Fighters email after confirming my selection, so I have to shut down and restart my computer to be able to get back into my emails. This will cause me to no longer take the time to respond to the Spam Fighters emails." Thought you'd like to know about this error. I hope you will fix this and let us know that it is fixed, so I can once again give you feedback on what is and isn't spam.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sign in

why do I have to sign in all the time? I checked keep me signed in.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Is it possible that you’re accessing OWA from a different browser each time you’re signing in? The “Keep Me Signed In” feature will only work if you access from the same browser on the same computer in normal browsing mode.

If you access in private browsing mode, it will not remember your “Keep Me Signed In” preference.

Alternatively, if you clear your cookies, it will not remember your sign in preferences.

Can you give us any more details about what’s going on?

Colin

8. repeat problem printing an email

chronic 2 week plus problem : cannot print an e -mail in either Microsoft or Chrome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. email filters not working

Email filters are not working again and dumping all the filtered emails in my inbox

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [Urgent] Add the ability to 'Mark as phishing' without opening emails

Add the ability to 'Mark as phishing' without having to view the email, also add the option to 'Mark as phishing' on the windows 10 mail client which doesn't appear to have the option at all (as it is meant to be for the common good).

It is really annoying that you have to open an email you already know is fake just to report it and potentially runs the risks of some technologies like web beacons harvesting information.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Leave Blocked emails as blocked.

Please stop putting the entire list of Junk mail for the month on. I delete all mine and block them, why are they then showing in their hundreds each time I log. The new Outlook is very bad and should be put back to the original one, so called progress is not always good!!!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. safe sender list

Put the safe sender list on top of the outloo.com website. Reason this item is a setting and I am sure it is used often. The item itself is very hidden. To find it, one must use help and enter : find safe sender lsit.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Schedule an email

Allow me to Schedule an email as I can in your mobile application.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reminders in Notification List

After the September 2019 interface change, Reminders no longer show in the Notifications list, only "likes". Please have them display in the Notifications list.

I had added a secondary calendar to hold all my daily and weekly reminders, so that my main calendar view would not be cluttered. But, unless I display the secondary calendar, I receive no notification at all from this secondary calendar. Prior to the update, the notifications appeared in the Notification List, and I did not have to display the secondary calendar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Phishing using Apple's name

Apple related phishing scams:

Why do I get 2 or 3 phishing emails every day for things apple related from microsoft's mail system, but never a one from gmail? I report EVERY ONE OF THEM, but you guys can';t figure out how to filter these? Is Microsoft not as competent as Google or just plain inept and/or lazy?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blocking selected senders

Without opening any questionable messages, the "Block" feature previously available in the "Junk email" folder was good in that it displayed the email address ID for the selected message(s) before giving the option to confirm the "Block" request. This helpful option does no appear to be available any longer.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scroll bar design limits accessibility

Scroll bars are far too narrow, and making the bar mostly invisible makes it incredibly difficult for people with limited eyesight to see, and the tiny size can make it awkward to select.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Block Sender

You marked "completed" the "Block Sender" item that had over 1100 votes and many more comments. The solution you gave does not work when the email is already in the "Junk" email folder. Right clicking on items in the "Junk" folder opens the email. It does bring up the "Block" function, but still opens the email. Again, your solution addresses emails that are not already in the "Junk" folder. Please reopen this issue and give us a way to block emails without having to open them if they are already in the Junk folder based on your spam criteria. This…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Blocking e mails by domain and sender should be quick and easy-its not. Please put the 2 options together, ie block send and or domain.

Blocking domain and sender should be quick and easy-its not. Please put the 2 options together, ie block send and or domain.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Want to change the task owner for which in the shared mailbox

When creating a task for shared mailbox, its owner is shown as the shared mailbox. It would be great you would implement a feature to change the task owner when creating it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base