OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically detect time in appointment

Whenever (any program) I add an appointment starting with "9:30 x" or "16:20 x" I want this converted to "x" and starting at time 9:30/16:20 (Google Calendar can do this quite will)

I think AI can do this as well ;-)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New "sorting" tabs kill performance

New tabs? Sad imitation of Gmail. Badly done and you're much too obvious about the real objective of showing more ads. The better to
    ignore you, eh? Why don't you offer actually useful and distinctive features like the "fight-spammer" button to iteratively analyze spam and break the spammers' economic models? Oh wait. It's obvious. Your economic model is broken. Microsoft 2020: Less evil and much less competent!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar last day of month;Email xref or crossfile

Hi I would like to bring up 2 matters:
    There needs to be a facility in Outlook Calendar to set future events on the last day of the month, no matter the number of days in the month
    Second, I and many others would like to crossfile or cross index some of my emails. This could either be by copying the email to another folder or as in Google Photos enabling emails to be in multiple folders/albums

Thank you
    Robert Black
    maroblac@hotmail.com

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. filter search by already read messages

email filter search have the option only 'not read', but doesn't have the option only 'readed', much time I've searching for something that already open.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I cannot click links from my draft folders?

I cannot click links from my draft folders?
    Classic Hotmail WAS 1000000% the best.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Swipe interaction between email and list view

I would love to be able to swipe left to right on trackpad to go back from an email to the email list. Currently i have to click back on 'inbox' to return from looking at an individual email.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance/Speed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feedback message hardly visible in dark mode

Hi,
    Message 'Thank you for your feedback. We'll use it to improve Outlook.' after sending feedback is hardly visible in dark mode. Almost no contrast between font color and background color. Observed in Default theme | Dark mode.
    Kind regards, inge

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ask senders to send content that's accessible

Hi,
    Setting 'Ask senders to send content that's accessible' is not yet available in Settings | View all Outlook settings | General | Accessibility. It is in my corporate account. Is this feature work in progress?
    Kind regards, inge

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Connecting Personalized email

I have a personal email, , this is under outlook.com premium subscription and the domain is under godaddy. My webmail is through outlook.com. I am trying to add this email account to the outlook application but can;t go through. My personal email is not connected to the godaddy domain, there is an error message when we try to connect it. Error message: "We couldn't connect the domain" I have a ticket number 1005983042.
    I need help connecting my email account to the godaddy server so that I can add it to the outlook application.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. reoced button

To record my voice as an email and email it .

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Regarding the Outlook Calendar mobile app

Add the "remove date" feature for the Outlook Calendar mobile app when scheduling an event daily on an infinite duration.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mail and Project Moca

When an email is inserted or listed in Project Moca, it could be flagged in Outlook.com and Outlook App Mobile in some way.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No Confirmation for New Password

I was prompted to change my Outlook password after 72 days. I did this on my iPad. I unknowingly made a typo on the new password I chose. There was no field to reconfirm the new password, so I didn't know I'd made a mistake. Once I'd set up my new password, I had no way of knowing my new password due to the typo, so I had to go through a long process of recovering my account and resetting my password again. Please add a field to confirm a new password, to reduce typo chances.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View replies

When viewing a message that I replied to, it shows me that I replied - that's helpful. However, I can't click this to see my reply. Maybe I want to add to my reply, but not fork the thread. It's painful to have to search sent items all the time.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Too much simplification, not enough customization

Why is outlook so terrible now? It was nearly impossible to set up my email properly in the Outlook 365 app and is actually impossible using outlook.com. I have a gmail account set up by my company, but we send outgoing emails through a different SMTP server and using our domain email address. This is properly set up in gmail and was easy in older versions of Outlook. I was able to do it in Outlook 365 with much effort to circumvent your automatic setup. However, I had hoped that connecting my gmail with outlook would automatically use the same…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. be able to set up automatic delete of emails in certain folders based on time periods

Hotmail, years back used to have a setting to schedule, to periodically empty certain folders automatically based on certain time period like every 6 months. this prevents your storage capacity to exceed your limit, have cleaner folders and browse your emails faster. this feature has been eliminated in recent versions of outlook.com. please restore. thank you

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fake "New Browser" Notification

There's a banner at the top of my outlook.live.com page saying "The new browser recommended by Microsoft is here. Download Microsoft Edge." I HAVE Microsoft Edge. I'm USING it to look at that page. If it needs updating, that should happen through the browser, itself, or through Windows Update (or possibly the Microsoft Store). Please stop spamming me with fake "notifications."

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use Tighter Spacing

Require 'Use Tighter Spacing' button similar to the outlook app. The compact display is not compact enough, there is a lot of blank space between email lines, even with message previews etc set to off.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Outlook.com email now unusable on Android tablet

New layout of mail on outlook.com in now completely unworkable on my Android tablet. There is only a 1/16th inch space to type. It is impossible to see what you are doing. I cannot send a new email, reply to an email or even forward an email. The keyboard now takes up all the space except the the 1/16th inch space mentioned above. It worked fine until you make the mobile experience look the way it does on a desktop. I don't know why you would do this. Very frustrating.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spam

Hi I only want to say thank you for cleaning up the junk mail it's an awesome job. I can open my email without the feeling of disgust from all the junk mail . Keep up the great work.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base