OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. you should be able to send email to an ip address without a domain, a@ip

you should be able to send email to an ip address without a domain, a@ip

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hotmail is stripping all my font formatting

With the stupid updates MS has made, Hotmail is stripping all my font formatting so I can't figure out what I marked! And this is with BASIC stuff, not specialty choices. I hate MS!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New failure in outlook

Deleting a mail after reading it in the Junk Mail folder (cannot be sure about Inbox yet), results in a blank screen reading "select item to read" as opposed to going back and displaying remaining mails in folder.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Undo button hovering over next email on the preview pane is annoying. Move it to a bar or somewhere less intrusive.

Undo button hovering over next email on the preview pane is annoying. Move it to a bar or somewhere less intrusive.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The New Outlook's Display of the E-mail Contents

The New Outlook's Display of the E-mail Contents with MOBILE browser access to Outlook Live Mail:

Hi Microsoft Outlook Developers Team,
    I would like you to change the way how the individual e-mail message contents are presented and displayed BACK AS IT WAS. I'm afraid you ONLY followed yet another TOTALLY UNWANTED (and unreasonable as well!) feature that was introduced by Google's Gmail long time ago(!), and which exactly was one of the MOST RELEVANT few reasons for me to stop using their mobile web access to Gmail etc.!
    At this moment the newly introduced display of the e-mail contents…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rules for calendar reminders

Rules, add rule to add reminder to calendar. e.g. for bank estatement, if receive email with title ***, from xbankx, add to calendar reminder for date X, pay bill....

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Sort-by-date function for Junk Email folder

The Junk Email folder is not sortable. Please enable a Sort by date function on the Junk Email folder.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hidden senders

When I hover over the sender's address in the Inbox it shows me the actual address. Lately I notice that for spam, it does not show anything. Apparently I can buy a service whereby my address is hidden when I send SPAM

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More bugs in Outlook Mail!

New Inbox changes : Why did the updates alter the set-up of my Inbox task bar on the left side? The Inbox tab under Favorites disappeared completely!?!? When I then went in and added it back to the list, the Junk Email tab gets preferential placement at the top of the drop-down menu. WHY?!?!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. problem with my mailbox

There is a paper clip button in the hotmail.com webpage mailbox. You can view the attachments that have been sent. I have deleted those messages, but they still exist in this paper clip. At the same time, the file cannot be opened and downloaded.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Annoying Junk Mail Change

Now when I delete a message I've read in Junk, it doesn't take me back to the list, it just sits on an empty screen. BOOOOOO

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Difficult to use the mail in my mobile

Why on earth did you change the mobile version? It was working very fine before. Now it is very difficult to read and some functions are no longer available. For example, it is not possible to move mail from junk mail to inbox. No I have to go on my computer to use Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Outlook for IOS does't work properly with Outlook.com

It's really a shame. After using Outlook since the 1990's I have had enough. Enter a new contact into the Contacts app on your iPhone and it appears at Outlook.com on the web, but does NOT appear in contacts in Outlook for IOS. Enter a new contact in Outlook for IOS on your iPhone and it appears on Outlook.com and in the Contacts app on the iPhone, BUT if you then close everything and go searching for it in Outlook for IOS, only the first phone number shows up. At the same time, the whole thing shows up in the…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. bug in sidebar counts read emails in counter for junk folder

bug: in the sidebar, "junk email" folder counter counts number read emails in addition to unread, forcing constant 'empty folder' to clear the number.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Portuguese translations for delete/spam

Not sure if garbage in Portuguese is the spam button or a seccond delete button...

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Junkmail

The last few days absolutely no mails are directed to junk. When blocking it only results in a message that future messages will be re-directed to junk, so they are not really blocked. What has happened?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Help Control Junk Mail more easily.

Junk Email - Safe Senders and Domains.
    Allow domains to be simply the rightmost characters rather that characters to the right of the '@'. This will save having to enter multiple domains for the same organisation. i.e. Domains 'email1.ryanair.com, email2.ryanair.com, email3.ryanair.com, change.ryanair.com etc.....' ALL belong to simply 'ryanair.com'; and they create new, additional domains, which drop into Junk because they have not been defined. Good idea don't you think ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. one drive

why are my email attachments going to ONE DRIVE?
    why cant I save them to my PC

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Creating a contact from an existing email fails to update the email list icon and sender field

I received an email from someone I know, their email address starts with a 'w' and in outlook.com the icon with the either the contact pic or initials next to the email has a W. I then choose to make a contact from this email and provide a first and last name, I would expect the symbol and sender fields in outlook to update to the initials and the senders real name not the remain as 'w' with the email address as the sender but this did not happen.

If you click the contact icon and choose the contact field…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't enter an email with only the keyboard after years of patiently waiting.

I've been avoiding outlook's email interface for many years now and the main reason is still the reason. I can't READ and email or even get into it with only the keyboard. EVERY OTHER email client I've ever used and maybe every email client that has ever existed you just hit enter on the keyboard and you're in the message. When I hit enter on an email in outlook nothing happens. AFTER TEN YEARS?
    That's crazy. keyboard shortcut popup says enter or "O" should work but neither do. I can't understand how this has been so long and still after…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base