OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

The new Outlook.com

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

This is the forum where you can give us feedback about the new experiences in Outlook.com.

Please vote on ideas you like. If you have a new idea that hasn’t been submitted by anyone else, submit it. If you have many ideas, submit them separately. This will help us decide what to build next.

We’ll reply to top issues, and will consider other suggestions as well. Thanks for trying the beta!

For more information, check out our help page.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. to remove adds from the Panel in right side of the inbox

I am happy while using the Microsoft Account but the issue i am facing is the adds showing in the right coroner of the email pls request you to kindly remove the adds from the Screen so I can view the full Panel in the Inbox Mail.Pls do needful...

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For a message to automatically be considered read I have to click on the message that I sent. That's redundant.

For a message to automatically be considered read I have to click on the message that I sent.
    That's redundant.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. [Dislike]:Why dropping the new (copied from Gamil) tabs?

Why dropping the new (copied from Gmail) tabs? Must be a story there and it might be amusing. Really sad that MS is incapable of offering any attractive features even to people who dislike the google even more than MS.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. searching compound words yields noisy matches.

if I search a word that just happens to have the letters "and" in the middle of it, all kinds of results return that just match on "and"

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Dislike]:ability to divide inbox into custom folders for various email types

let me create subfolders in inbox and decide what future emails get directed to which folder (eg from company x goes to folder 2 eg my banking folder etc). not as simple as a focused vs promotion split as is seen in one of your views.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop Microsoft taking over my Laptop

How do I stop Microsoft Edge being automatically installed on my Laptop?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Safety flaw in alternative email recovery

Disclosing the domain part of the recovery email address poses a risk: If the recovery email address contains an expired domain, the attacker can purchase it (as you disclose it to the public), set up an email alias *@[expired domain] and retrieve the recovery message without having to know the full email address.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Muddly Add to Favourites function

The new way of adding to Favourites isn't half as clear and straightforward as before.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MODIFICATION OF AVERTISEMENT PANEL

THE ADVERTISEMENT PANEL IS GIVING DIFF
    ICULTY FOR VIEWING MAILS. CAN YOU MAKE THE ADVERTISEMENTS IN THE BOTTOM BOTTOM

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let us convert repeating appointments to single appointment entries

Very often I start with repeating appointments for regular meetings.
    After some time, these appointments will have lot's of exceptions.
    Now when updating the repeating appointment with more details, new people, etc. all exception get lost.

Another scenario
    A series of appointments, every week in the same timeslot but with different agendas is currently also problematic when a change is made to the repeating schedule.

Another scenario
    When changing the appointment series, also appointments from the past are updated and if you only want to change the appointment duration for future meetings, all past meetings will also get updated.
    Would…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adding Adresses in People

Adding addresses in People should search Bing Maps for addresses.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enforcement challenge impossible

"2 arrows upward" Enforcement challenge makes no sense and cannot be completed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need Ability to Customize

Please create a separate version of Outlook for phones versus laptops/pads. It is obvious that many of the problems are caused by trying to create a single product which works on multiple size platforms -- and the user experience and needs on each are completely different. This includes the use of real estate, whether input is primarily touch or keyboard, etc. Either that, or make the user experience completely customizable so we can remove superfluous things that take up real estate unnecessarily or we can move items that are in the wrong location or we can modify the look and…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. reset to last viewed email (after viewing/deleting emails) not most recent. also, promotion folder

Firstly, after i delete a bunch of messages in the middle of a list of emails, the page jumps and i lose track of which email i was looking at- either create an animation of the emails being deleted or don't make the page jump- at least make it jump to the email (at the top of the list) that comes straight after the deleted chunk. secondly, create a promotions folder where we can redirect chosen senders to, rather than them polluting the main list (but are still useful for the occasional deals). thirdly, create a bigger feedback button in…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Where did Waldo hide the slider bar?

Are you going to invent a new high sensitivity mouse and some kind of magnification headset to detect those non-existent slide bars? My 20/10 vision and the gaming mouse I have isn't sensitive enough to find the tiny spot on my keyboard where it evidently exists now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Warning Of New Version so We Don't Think We've Been Hacked

Please, please, please how about a warning before you jack the product so dramatically? At least put a notice on the login screen that it's a new release we won't recognize so we don't run a bunch of cybersecurity diagnostics, thinking that we'd been hacked or have accidentally turned on a feature like "accessibility" because the new display is so jacked up that we don't recognize it. I wasted a ton of time running diagnostics and then looking for how to turn off the new display.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix the notification so it doesn't disappear when hovered over

It's so frustrating when I get an email in Outlook (web version), hover over the notification popup so it doesn't disappear (like any minimally well-designed notification) and then it DISAPPEARS and I can't see what the email is about and have to navigate to the inbox.

It's so poorly designed I almost feel disrespected: "oh, looks like the guy is hovering over me for some reason, but since I don't have any indication he wants to read/click me and I just don't give a *, I'll disappear and laugh my off when he hopelessly clicks where I used to be."

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export from To Do

Export from To Do is longer than 4 days, as stated

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. No voting on bug reports

Reporting bugs should not go through a voting process. That's fine for feature requests, but bug reports should go straight to the development team without making us wait for enough other users to not only experience the bug, have the gumption to report it, find it in this ridiculous manual searching/matching process, and then vote on it.

Get a separate channel/process for bug reports and either trust us to know the difference between that and feature requests or just do your homework and screen them yourselves. This crowd sourcing approach to software test is BS. Take responsibility for your bugs…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. not able to access outlook easily

why the site hijack as I'm trying to get into email? outlook.live.com shouldn't take me to a microsoft account screen....

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The new Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base